E1500 Birdshot & Gold

On 3/20/2024 at 12:51 PM, DSMITH said:

That settles it i don't want one now I get up and down enough as it is LOL

Sorry I could not resist that one, I still want one 😁😁🤣🤣

Well all my squat exercises came in handy after getting up and down to recover all this bird shot in the Vic. Goldfield this week. I can tell you that the E1500 loves the stuff and will definitely hear the tiny ones missed by others. My first gold with the Algo was a welcome sight in the scoop all the same...😃20240411_161925.thumb.jpg.e09db53e7167b33a8abb503732112eea.jpg

Nice work! Was that with the 8" Detech, or did you get the borrow the 14x9" Evo? 

All with the 14x9 mate....super sensitive on the smallest lead shot and punched pretty deep on some larger junk targets. I think it is the ideal all rounder for the Algo.

8 minutes ago, PhaseTech said:

Nice work! Was that with the 8" Detech, or did you get the borrow the 14x9" Evo? 

40 to 7 ratio is a good day for sure.

That would be a lot of up and downs, who needs a gym membership when you can bring home some AU with a smile and a sore back. 😃

11 hours ago, Bootscrape said:

Well all my squat exercises came in handy after getting up and down to recover all this bird shot in the Vic. Goldfield this week. I can tell you that the E1500 loves the stuff and will definitely hear the tiny ones missed by others. My first gold with the Algo was a welcome sight in the scoop all the same...😃20240411_161925.thumb.jpg.e09db53e7167b33a8abb503732112eea.jpg

Did you use the target ID for all signals? Few ppl are saying that a huge majority of lead shot can be ignored because it displays as '00'. Anything higher is worth digging of course...

Some of the larger shot gave a 02-4 reading. The smaller ones were mainly 00. I still dug everything  though. Gold was never 00. The shot started to sound familiar as well, a really short tight signal, where the nuggets were more of that mellowed out sound.

With time on the machine  it will just become instinctive to dismiss the  lead shot. Obviously the 00 ID would confirm this.

I'm guessing the shot that gave the 2-4 reading wasn't lead? if you've still got it, can you check with a magnet.   Steel shot tends to give a bit higher reading, although my pick magnet normally deals with that.

On 4/13/2024 at 12:14 AM, phrunt said:

I'm guessing the shot that gave the 2-4 reading wasn't lead? if you've still got it, can you check with a magnet.   Steel shot tends to give a bit higher reading, although my pick magnet normally deals with that.

Well, I did a few air test swings over some of the lead shot sitting on my mild backyard soil. I was in the fine gold setting. The shot ranges in weight from 0.1 to 0.5 gms. The smallest wouldn't ID at all, but over say 0.3 pretty much all registered 00 with the exception of the only Iron one on the magnet which came up as 18. The two boot tacks were 21/22. Similar sized nuggets ranged around 14-20.

As this was just a air test on the ID capability of the Algo, it goes without saying that the same targets buried in high mineralization may give ID'S like I experienced in the field. 

The steel shot and boot tacks you will definitely dig.20240414_154157.thumb.jpg.d2acd19a2e05c559b9d71828f9b3e0b2.jpg20240414_153329.thumb.jpg.33f0b80b01a9d7bb4b543019d8661749.jpg