New Detectors To Start From Nokta

Maybe backed up by the Turkish government...................so funds are limitless ,been twice to work in Turkey they manufacture a lot of good stuff, pleasant people and very hard working never heard a complain and the food is amazing.Whats not to like

RR

@Rivers rat,a massive Happy Birthday for today fella,hope you have a fabulous day.

The Find-X Is incredible value, cheaper than a Go-Find in NZ, which judging by the name they wanted to have that association.  Yet it's more of an X-Terra Pro.   Good on you Nokta, this is great.

Nokta seem excellent at making detectors, and they're really shaking up the market but there is one area they're failing, availability.  They need to step up there.  We have a Nokta dealer and that's great, someone like me that wants to buy their products that knows about them knows where to get them, but their products need a broader reach.  Detectors like this Find-X need to be readily available, it's an impulse buy price for a family that are out shopping and see a new toy they could enjoy together.  It needs to be in a more retail environment, in big box type stores and even the sporting goods stores Minelab has been squeezing into.

This I believe is the next important thing Nokta do to grow their business.

Our only NZ dealer is a tad odd for their location, they're on a mountain pass road that people would only ever be on if they were transiting that pass, I doubt there would ever be people that drive to the dealer to look around without already being on that drive.  Hours from any city and the nearest town only has 310 people.  They're there as it's a great location for them to live, but a poor location for a shop 🙂 Mitchel will drive past them tomorrow as he takes on the mountain pass, I bet he doesn't even notice the shop, I've driven it a few times and never seen it and that's with me knowing its there somewhere.

20 hours ago, phrunt said:

The Find-X Is incredible value, cheaper than a Go-Find in NZ, which judging by the name they wanted to have that association.  Yet it's more of an X-Terra Pro.   Good on you Nokta, this is great.

Nokta seem excellent at making detectors, and they're really shaking up the market but there is one area they're failing, availability.  They need to step up there.  We have a Nokta dealer and that's great, someone like me that wants to buy their products that knows about them knows where to get them, but their products need a broader reach.  Detectors like this Find-X need to be readily available, it's an impulse buy price for a family that are out shopping and see a new toy they could enjoy together.  It needs to be in a more retail environment, in big box type stores and even the sporting goods stores Minelab has been squeezing into.

This I believe is the next important thing Nokta do to grow their business.

Our only NZ dealer is a tad odd for their location, they're on a mountain pass road that people would only ever be on if they were transiting that pass, I doubt there would ever be people that drive to the dealer to look around without already being on that drive.  Hours from any city and the nearest town only has 310 people.  They're there as it's a great location for them to live, but a poor location for a shop 🙂 Mitchel will drive past them tomorrow as he takes on the mountain pass, I bet he doesn't even notice the shop, I've driven it a few times and never seen it and that's with me knowing its there somewhere.

All I can say is, for the price, I'm impressed after seeing the Nokta FindX. I'm not a fan of the pole mount control housings in general, but this is better than some. The unit telescopes way down which is nice. Hard to see if the shafts are round, but all they need do (if not) would be to make the handgrip/pod rotate into being parallel with the searchcoil folded flat and you could likely get this in a backpack. OK, we have wired headphones, but there are dedicated headphone kits available where the transmitter is hard-wired to the "audio out" and then wireless to the headphones. A wireless pinpointer could then pair with the headphones. If you could put that wired transmitter under the arm cup, you would then have counterbalance for  even the minimal 2.6 pounds it weighs! OK, maybe it won't hang with the big boys in highly negative ground (as far as anyone knows yet), but I bet it does just as well or better as most single frequency VLF Motion's in the recent past. Battery source: 2300 mAh Lithium Polymer... Not too shabby. Most of all, I'm impressed with the simple-to-the-point layout of the display and controls in thumb's reach. Maybe the ID number size is smaller than some, but possibly looks to be readable without glasses. I like the fact the lower shaft fastens to the center of the searchcoil. That goes a long way to help lessen "toe heavy" large searchcoils if attachment is below center instead.

We have a global economy, whether we like it or not, and competition is a good thing. We as consumers get what we want at a better price it now seems. Like "phrunt" says, "Good on ya Nokta"!

Shaft system is trapezoidal and is basically a Simplex mid and lower plastic shaft. 

15khz single frequency waterproof detector that just makes the US manufactured offerings look plain silly. 

4 hours ago, Bob Sickler said:

All I can say is, for the price, I'm impressed after seeing the Nokta FindX....

I would have been impressed too if they had released the FindX with a 9" ( or elliptical 10X8 ) stock coil instead of a 11".  With a 11 coil the machine will be front heavy and they will loose a lot of potential customers , children , women , and more generally users looking for light machines .

A 9 coil is much more cumfortable to use and it has very good depth and separation , and I dont understand why manufacturers continue to release new detectors with such big coils . Probably because bigger is better ... 🙂 

Hopefully there are exceptions like the ML Vanquish 340 or 440  ( elliptical 10X8 stock coil )

A huge bonus to any Turkish company is their currency exchange rate. 32 Turkish Lira to 1 US$. Exports being their primary focus. Their inflation rate is seriously bad too... Their people seem to vote on a populist agenda, rather than fiscal common sense. But, their country is bountiful, produces great, cheap food, manufacturing industries are expanding and providing lots of jobs. Electricity prices are way better than the EU average too. So, as long as Turkey remains only an associate member of the EU and doesn't use the Euro as their currency, Nokta will remain a major player. Giving Minelab serious competition is always gonna be a bonus for us end-users.

palzynski - Yes I agree about the 9" search coil option. I have never been a fan of big coils and very much prefer a smaller 8" or 9" for everyday use. Ellipticals are my favorite style with a 5"x10" or so being just about right for me. I am very impressed with the Nokta FindX and feel that it delivers a lot for its very reasonable price. I plan to buy one but would buy it sooner if I could get it with one of the above mentioned coils instead of the larger 11".

18 hours ago, palzynski said:

if they had released the FindX with a 9"

Personally, I think the coil-lockout trend is a mistake. You can’t move up or down because that’s a whole new set of coils. The coil supply lags the release. Coil compatibility puts a big lock on many segments. Encourage third-party manufacturers because that increases your bandwidth.

I’m taking a step backwards because the coils I want to test aren’t there. I can’t try a different model variation if I have to buy a new set of coils.

If the coils I think I need to use do the job, then goodbye to Minelab, Nokta and XP.

I use the 9.5x6 coil on my Legend almost exclusively, and it hits deep for its size. Sure, there's a minor loss of depth on coin sized targets compared to an 11" round coil, but to me, the major advantages of an elliptical coil of around that size, far outweigh the slight depth loss

In my tests, the 11" round coil hits about 1.5" to 2" deeper than the 9.5x6 on a dime lying flat. On a dime on edge, or similar sized targets, the smaller coil could match the depth of the 11" due to the tighter field of the smaller coil.  When taking into account EMI and ground noise, the smaller coil can often be run at a higher sensitivity level than the 11" round coil, thus negating the particular depth advantage of the 11" coil.

The FindX models, do have two other coils available for it. They are a 9.5x6 and a 13.5x12.5. I too would have liked to have seen an option to purchase the detector with a different coil size. Then again, I would like to see that option on all detectors.