What Nugget Coils Are Your Most Used / Favorites?

For myself I tend to use the following coils the most:

GPZ-7000 14x13” Stock DOD

GPX-6000 10x5” Goldhawk Mono

GPX-5000 14x9” Evolution Mono

Equinox 900 6” DD

Gold Bug 2 6x3” CC

• The title was changed to What Nugget Coils Are Your Most Used/favorites?

Nugget Finder 12 inch Zsearch for the 7000 

Coiltek 11 inch round for the 2300

Minelab stock 6 inch for the Nox 800

8" and 10"  X-coil for the GPZ

15" Concentric X-coil for the GPZ 

10x5" Coiltek for the GPX 6000

6" Coil for the Nox 800

M8 8 x 5.5"  Coil for the Manticore

Nel Snake 6.5 x 3.5" for any detector lucky enough to have it

6" Concentric for the Garrett 24k

10" Spiral X-coil for the Algoforce / GPX 5000.

And a special mention to the Gold Bug 2 6.5" elliptical for being a brilliant little coil that other manufacturers should have replicated on their more modern Gold VLF's.

If that's all I had, I'd be very content.

36 minutes ago, phrunt said:

8" and 10"  X-coil for the GPZ

15" Concentric X-coil for the GPZ 

10x5" Coiltek for the GPX 6000

6" Coil for the Nox 800

M8 8 x 5.5"  Coil for the Manticore

Nel Snake 6.5 x 3.5" for any detector lucky enough to have it

6" Concentric for the Garrett 24k

10" Spiral X-coil for the Algoforce / GPX 5000.

And a special mention to the Gold Bug 2 6.5" elliptical for being a brilliant little coil that other manufacturers should have replicated on their more modern Gold VLF's.

If that's all I had, I'd be very content.

Bloody hell, so out of all of those, which do you use that gives you the most success? There must be a favourite stand out. I think your last gold finds post was with the 6000 & the NF 12x7. No mention of the NF 12x7. above yet it found you gold.

D4G

35 minutes ago, dig4gold said:

Bloody hell, so out of all of those, which do you use that gives you the most success? There must be a favourite stand out. I think your last gold finds post was with the 6000 & the NF 12x7. No mention of the NF 12x7. above yet it found you gold.

I narrowed it down to my favourites per detector.  If I was forced to narrow it down to 3 it would be the 10x5" Coiltek on the 6000 and the 15" CC and 8" on the GPZ, those two are very different in their application so I can't pick between them.  If I was forced to pick a VLF I'd take the Manticore although I prefer using the GPZ and GPX now over VLF's, that took me years to decide but I just don't really enjoy VLF's now looking for gold.

I haven't gelled with the 12x7", its lack of edge sensitivity really bothers me and I just prefer the 10x5" and saying something like the 12x7" will give more depth doesn't overly matter, if I wanted that I'd stick with the stock 11" as it gives more depth than both of them while maintaining almost all of the sensitivity, so the 10x5" is more for the shape and size than anything and the 11" for all other applications, the 11" is a stock coil that's actually really good, apart from its quality issues it's a hot good coil and the aftermarket coils aren't overly necessary unless size matters.

Something else too, I've probably had the 12x7" on the GPX the most as I've been too lazy to take it off 🙂 I've given it a good chance.

I agree, the stock 11" is a great coil on the 6000 outside of its issues. I have been lucky with it so far in regards to those issues. The 10x5 is great for in the water creek detecting on the 6000. It has kind of taken over from the Gold Monster for me in that department because of its extra depth & edge sensitivity while still deadly on the tiny stuff. The 10x5 has proved itself to me finding gold in creeks the GM missed. Being just that bit deeper. On absolute bed rock scrubbing I would still give the GM the nod but throw in a bit of gravel & more depth then the 10x5 holds its own. Throw in some crevices & the ability of dragging the 10x5 on its edge down those crevices & its edge sensitivity comes into play as well.

Like any detector & coil combo it comes down to the terrain, & the size & depth of gold expected. No one set up is going to do it all.

D4G

34 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Something else too, I've probably had the 12x7" on the GPX the most as I've been too lazy to take it off 🙂 I've given it a good chance.

Well... it did find you gold so you shouldn't be too hard on it.

D4G

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

If that's all I had, I'd be very content

Looks like a selection of coils that I would think would cover almost most any target at any depth or size possible with a detector. I might have to rethink things a bit.

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

10" Spiral X-coil for the Algoforce / GPX 5000

I just checked their web-site and they do not offer this coil anymore, kinda would like one, hopefully they bring them back.