Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Would You Still Be Detecting For Gold If The Price Was Under $300 Per Ounce?

It was $35 a ounce (or $35 for 31.1etc  grams) when I started in1959 so I don't have any intentions of quiting now. I may have to slow down tho.

• Like 1

The search is what fascinates, I love looking for things.  As I start a day of hunting I always say 'this is the best it can get, anything is possible." The worst thing that happens while detecting is you have a great time outdoors. I have dredged or detected for gold since 1977, it has never been about money. The experiences and the people I have met have made it one of my favorite things to do.

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 7:48 AM, klunker said:

And Sour Dough Scott would have to teach me fly fishing.

Crikey, KL my mind boggles...........I can nearly picture a excavator rigged for fly fishing....the comfort of a heated cabin...way to go

• Like 2

I came up to where I live now when I first  retired because of the gold and the goldfields that surrounds the town to help subsidies my pension. But I have now realised it is not so much the gold but the great friends that I have made over the last few years through gold and gold prospecting. This is now my wealth. So if gold does drop below $300 per oz. the friendships that I have made will more than make up for short fall. That to me is worth more than gold. Gold you can sell but good friends last for ever.

wombat :wink:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, kiwijw said:

Crickey Johnny...1959...that .was the year I was born & you dont look a year older than me.Were you still in nappies? :laugh:.... I know the feeling of slowing down :rolleyes:

Best of luck out there mate.

JW :smile:

Im 81 yrs young and still doing ok.

• Like 3