New Member sayn Hello

Featherdfishead

LipCal - good to hear another river kid is present  - 38 yrs good job pops! - I'll be calling my dad tonight to see if i can peg ya. Not sure if Pinky had a son likley though. Anyway, you must of known my grandpa Spike Robinson up Whites Gulch, thats were i lived as a kid and went to school in Sawyers Bar.

And Yup the entire road is paved. They paved the last section on the Scott Valley side of the Salmon Summit after a big portion of it washed out in a flood event in 1997.

I believe my father retired in the 80's.  We still have the house beside the county shop at the Forks and one of my sons bought the house next door to that house..  My younger brother used to work for the FS.  I went to school at the Forks the same time as Glenn McBroom was going to school at Sawyers.  

You ought to figure me out from that :)  

Beatup - good to hear from ya. I grew up dredging, loved the little back pack set up i had between 12 - 16 yrs old, cleaned up allot of salmon river gold with that thing, but girls and boozen won the battle.LOL As you may know dredging is banned presently in california where i live. I would likly buy another backpack set up if it opens again but not for awhile. I just broke the bank on my new SDC and find it a drag getting stuck in the same spot for weeks on end dredging. I'm addicted to the hunt for gold even more than the hoarding of it.

Happy Hunting and good luck

AjR

Featherdishead, I learned to dredge late in life in California and just loved it, the work was hard but the rewards were even better,nothing like hanging onto a 6 inch hose underwater and seeing the gold go up to the box, now if they ever lift the ban it will be good to get back down also it will be interesting to see what an out of state permit will now cost, now i do some dredging up in Montana and the Wyoming black hills so i can still get the fix but it is mostly long arming don,t get to go fully underwater and on air very often as the creeks i work are not that deep.

beatup - i like the turtle logo. Ironically my dads families from the White Fish area. He hasnt been there since his last visit in his early twenties but i hope to bring my family up that way in the future. That side of the family had ranched and mined montana from homestead days til present. My grandpas folks were killed by the mob over moonshineing and my great uncle Fly Robinson raised my grandfather and his brother.

My old backpack dredge worked so well for me due to the small size of the streams id hit. It would suck up just enough water but not enough as to gurgle in the small streams. Always a thrill to watch the gold flow into the tube.

Grandpa and dad ran 8"ers at the whites gulch on the salmon river in the eighties. hit 330 Oz in there best season but gold wasnt worth much and most of it went into more mining and logging ventures.

Good Luck