Two Stolen Gpzs In Yuma

Condor

Agreed....

Using the 2300, makro gold racer,  the deus, and the AU finder today ...

Completely discombobulated this morning trying to get what I need in the truck so I don't forget something I need..

Kinda like the usual mornings, right Klunker?

I should have left it there.

omg Paul, I am so sorry and Pissed to hear about that. this county and the losers in it get worse all the time. I don't have a gpz, but if you get back in my area you can borrow my gpx 5000, anytime. if you still have my Pick, you have my permission to whack the bad guys up side the head if you find them. hit them a few times for me too. I hope they catch those thieves.

• Like 2

I can't stand a thief!!  I had a 1st cousin that was always into mischief.  He had been in and out of jail so many times he basically had his own cell.  In the summer of 2016, he and one of his thug friends broke into a house that they thought was ripe for the picking. Instead, of stuff they could steal, they found an armed homeowner with a shotgun.  Boom!  That ended his reign of theft.  Undertaker couldn't fix him enough to have an open casket. He got what he deserved IMO. I may take some flak for saying it, but if more people would put thieves in the ground, then the ones left living might consider a career change since the stakes are so risky.  Because as in the case of my cousin, just sitting in a jail cell for a while for stealing, doesn't do any good.

• Like 7

On 1/25/2017 at 10:40 PM, mn90403 said:

...(I just bet someone knew there was something good in the truck and that is why you were a target.  I'd be suspicious of locals more than a random hit.)

Mitchel

Good call and strong possibility, Mitchel.. I had exactly that happen about 15 or + years ago except it was a "borrow", not an outright theft..

I needed to be out of town for a long two days, one overnight.. Asked my neighbor to keep half an eye on the place cos I was expecting a FedEx n for him to grab-n-stow if it showed so it wouldn't sit on the porch..

It never dawned on me that when I asked him I did so in the presence of his oldest kid, a cocky punk and known petty thief.. Normally it wouldn't have mattered that or what he overheard except $$s were tight for me at the time, so along with a couple other services I'd put my security monitoring on hold for a while -- which they knew about..

A few days later I go to hop on my scoot and notice the trip meter is showing 243 miles.. Perhaps to some riders that would mean nothing but I'm downright obsessive about resetting when fueling up; it's the very first thing I do upon rolling to a stop at the pump.. And even on the off-chance I had forgotten once there's still no way it could possibly read 243 miles because in order for me to make it that far I need to gas up twice; I for sure would have reset it then..

This brings me to a roaring stop.. I start looking around the garage -- and notice one of the garage door track wheels is sprung.. Friggin' paper mache garage doors..! Now not only do I know why the garage door has been opening a bit funky lately I also know exactly what happened.. Junior had taken a liking to my bike and once asked me if he could take it out for a spin.. I'd told him no.. Guess he didn't like that answer too much.. I never found out if he stupidly didn't reset the mileage or if he purposely left it that way as a message to me.. Knowing him I'd go with -- welll, no, could be either..

But I did find out for sure it was he who took it out, because I called his old man and had him n the kid come over so we could have a little chat.. At first it was deny, deny, deny, with his dad defending him too.. But the evidence to the contrary was overwhelming.. The dad never made the kid actually admit it to me, just sent him home to be "dealt with later.."

Then the guy turns to me and wants to run the "no harm no foul" thing.. I told him I'd be good with that, just as soon as they straightened or replaced the bent garage door rail.. I'm still waiting, and have to deal with that one track wheel popping out n jamming things up every now & then.. The friendship..? What friendship..? They've long since moved anyhow.. And gas out of the vans hasn't been stolen since then either..

Anyhow, I think Mitchel's words are more odds-on than one may otherwise like to believe.. I'd say taking a harder look around your neighborhood and at local 'knowns' should not be ruled out..

Swamp

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Daniel Tn said:

I can't stand a thief!!  I had a 1st cousin that was always into mischief.  He had been in and out of jail so many times he basically had his own cell.  In the summer of 2016, he and one of his thug friends broke into a house that they thought was ripe for the picking. Instead, of stuff they could steal, they found an armed homeowner with a shotgun.  Boom!  That ended his reign of theft.  Undertaker couldn't fix him enough to have an open casket. He got what he deserved IMO. I may take some flak for saying it, but if more people would put thieves in the ground, then the ones left living might consider a career change since the stakes are so risky.  Because as in the case of my cousin, just sitting in a jail cell for a while for stealing, doesn't do any good.

When checking the penalty for theft on Google I found:

Crime: Robbery/Theft

Country's Punishment:

USA- petty theft may result in a small fine and 6 months in jail, grand theft may result in a year or more in prison and a large fine. Repeat of offenses may result in life imprisonment

China: Lethal injection (death penalty)

Mexico- Up to 40 years in prison or more and a large fine depending on the theft

Most of us of a certain age and generation weren't exactly model citizens but seem to have matured into better people over the years.Young people act out for various reasons...hormones are running full blast and a young person has something to prove to the world.A lack of jobs and the bad influence of TV ( have you seen MTV lately ) , music ,computers and peer pressure to be "cool" so if the person is young......well? It's up to us older guys to teach and not to harshly punish every slight misdeed.Also you gotta remember that a kid is a reflection of his / her parents and there's a lot of screwy parents our there.If the person is older that's a different situation.We had some (many) cars broken into down here and they got the guy....58 years old and still acting like a punk kid.Has an extensive criminal record over many years so just toss his butt in jail for a long time as he is beyond any rehabbing.

• Like 1

Wouldn't it be fairly easy to implement a passcode requirement to the startup routine for say, a 7000?
I have pass codes on many items that are less complex.

• Like 2