Rivers rat

Deeptech Vista Gold For Prospecting

5 posts in this topic

Good day did any of you on the otherside of the pond did try a Vista gold on gold nuggets?????25kgz I had a bit of success with it ,then I send it to be tested on hillfort (pounded spots..)

RR

Check some more videos from Australian prospectors. Some of them use it for gold prospecting and meteorite hunting. I can get pieces 1x1mm with it... 

1 person likes this

Thanks Shelton will do!!!

RR

I only tend to use units that have dealers and can be serviced somewhere in the U.S. The Deeptech machines were all the rage on the forums about three years ago, and I followed them with interest. Seems like a U.S. dealer appeared, there was lots of controversy, they went away, and that was about the end of it.

At 25 kHz it should be hot enough but it never got any airplay in the prospecting community here. There really are just too many VLF machines showing up these days and so it takes something really aimed specifically at prospectors to get any attention.

1 person likes this

I did a little more checking and it appears at least one U.S. dealer is stocking the Deeptech Vista Gold - Backwoods Detectors in Tennessee for $679 Review at Gary's Detecting UK

deeptech-vista-gold-metal-detector.jpg

Technical Specifications Vista GOLD:

• Operating Frequency 25 kHz
• Detector type motion
• Sensitivity control
• Volume control
• Two discrimination modes – silent discrimination and two tone discrimination in ALL metal mode – low tone for ferrous and high tone for non-ferrous metals
• Quick recovery speed NEW
• Adjustable recovery speed – slow/fast NEW
• Volume Adjustable Iron tone (low tone) NEW
• Booster NEW
• Searchcoil Type DD
• Searchcoil Size 11”
• Cable Length (approx.) 53”
• Audio Frequency (approx.) 780/390 Hz
• Weight (with batteries) (approx.) 3.1 lb
• Consumption (without sound, with Booster OFF) 43 mA
• Consumption (without sound, with Booster ON) 52 mA
• Battery Life (typical) 20-25 hours
• LED control for Battery

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Norvic
      PhaseTech and other GS users, notice you listed a Gold Striker in detector used thread, I preferred the GS over the 17000 on shallow ground but a lot were disappointed with it. Just wondering if it had some special "tweaks" in its electronics? Something a bit diff. other then was a single frequency.
    • By Steve Herschbach
      I admit to have wondered about these little hand held detectors / pinpointers. The main thing being do they really deliver significant depth advantages over standard pinpointers? These are only air tests but at least you get an idea. Nice depth chart at the end of the video you can screen capture.

• By landman
      Just tested the Exper with these three metals. Although the Exper does not fair well with smaller gold,
      it does have potential for certain applications for larger gold (1/2 oz +).
      Watch this video and believe...

• By landman
      People have asked, since on all the demo video posted on Youtube that there a delayed reaction giving the impression the sweep speed for the Exper needs to be slow. Any deep seeking machine should go slow for deep targets, however in this 1 minute video you can see form yourself what the Exper can do.

• By MDCHIEFSH
      Looks like whites xventure kids detector is being sold on ebay. Neat idea for christmas for children and grandkids to start to learn to hunt with.
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/White-s-XVenture-Kid-s-Metal-Detector-800-0348/142271187819?
    • By Tnsharpshooter
      I thought I would take a few minutes here and talk about the Signum MFT detector.
      My unit seems to have (looking at screen at turn on) the original version software.
      I have used the detector with the stock supplied coil,,it measures approx 11.5" in diameter.
      This coil is deep,,7khz freq, but due to size it can be cumbersome to use in places.
      Using the stock coil,,,bumping it will cause some falsing at times,,,running gain at 6,, sensitivity at 11.
      It in my soil is for a metered Vlf detector,,just maybe be my deepest on a clad US dime.
      The ground balance while using this detector,,very critical to get good to serious depth.
      Not hard to ground balance as long as you have some clean ground-- this can be a pain btw sometimes.
      It seems in my ground here,,,using turbo is really not effective,,,like a lot of other units with boost.
      But even saying this,,this detector features an economy power transmit setting as well as economy off setting.
      This economy off setting here combined with a sensitivy level of around 11,, gets down in the ground.
      This detector IMO,,sweep speed wise not overly forgiving,,at least with stock coil.
      This detector does possess a feature where the recovery speed can be increased,,called mm mode.
      Since I have been putting in most of my time with the Nokta Impact detector,,I do need more time with this detector.
      I happened to see a gent who was selling a smaller the stock coil (6x10") Mars coil,,so I bought.
      In case some folks here don't know,,,the coils used on AKA Sorex detector are interchangeable here with Signum detectors.
      Well today I took this new to me coil to a site,,to try.
      I was very impressed with this coil,,,as long as I was in mm mode.
      It seemed if I was running in normal mode,,,the detector couldn't keep up with the ground,,and even some of the iron and targets.
      I need to operate some more,,,I could be jumping the gun here by criticizing it.
      This detector and coil combo(my new to me coil) feels real nice,,balance and weight.
      This coil being 14khz,,,it nails higher conductors big time,,,some coins rather deep using this coil,,a user might think they were only a couple inches deep.
      The audio this detector possesses,,,is second to none in my book.
      One detector with such great audio,,,a user will not be overwhelmed even when running all metal in a super duper bad site with iron and nails.
      I did even today try and dig a few lower conductors,,that had a straight line on the holograph display.  Even some of the lower conductors that had just a tinge of a loop in their graph reading.  And sure enough these kinds of targets were low conductors but not worthy at all,,,edges irregular, inconsistent thickness, etc.
      I certainly would recommend the detector to a person,,,but with a 10" coil or smaller.
      Not a hard detector to operate either,,,sets up a lot like a White's V3i as far as the all metal side,,and the disc side of the houses (sensitivity wise).
      The pinpoint on this detector,,and I have owned a Sorex as well,,,both have the hottest pinpoint functions I have ever seen. Luckily they are adjustable so it can be turned down sensitivity wise.
      Similar ID screens are used I think with Xp Deus (secret screen, version 3.2) and White's Vx3 and V3i models.
      The Signum will give high tone on iron false,,,a user if they will watch screen will start to see a pattern to recognize iron falses.
      The tones are adjustable,,I haven't adjusted mine.
      This detector also has a way to check for bottlecaps,,has helped me.
      I even used this same feature today to weed out a bigger piece of cast iron.
      If a person here gets a chance to be around either a Sorex or one of the Signum models,,at least try to listen to the audio they possess.
      I am posting this info here as strictly a user of detector.