A Discussion About Aptx Low Latency And The Equinox

I noticed the lag, too. Not horrible but enough to bother me. I just use the wm08 with ear buds because I do not notice the lag with those. Also, ear buds are a lot more comfortable in the heat. I'll save the other headphones for our week of winter.......:biggrin:

Finally some people noticing the lag lol, I made a thread and nobody said they noticed, it is very annoying and definitely pronounced with higher swing speed.

Its possible that areas of higher interference could cause higher latency too.

The latency

19 hours ago, Edsped said:

Its possible that areas of higher interference could cause higher latency too.

I don't think that is a factor in the latency being discussed.  The latency is in the signal send and receive chain; not in the detection - analysis circuit.

On 5/26/2018 at 6:44 AM, SittingElf said:

That is exactly the problem. The EQ can have a relatively fast swing speed when using wired headphones or speaker. Having to slow swing speed using 40MS headphones defeats the high speed capability of the detector. That may not matter to most, but it does to me, because that is one of the best features of the Equinox. Allows for covering more area quicker when there is no lag.

You can swing as fast as you like to find the target; then, to make sure it's where you hear/see it, just slow down a bit so that the 40ms is not an issue with that. Sure, using a wire is the gold standard--not just for speed but for sound quality as well, not to mention battery life :)  But, bluetooth aptx at <40ms works reasonably well, at least for me. 

• Like 1

On 5/29/2018 at 11:41 AM, parkgt said:

The latency

I don't think that is a factor in the latency being discussed.  The latency is in the signal send and receive chain; not in the detection - analysis circuit.

But Bluetooth latency can be very effected by EMI, that’s why pro-gamers use wires because in competition the Bluetooth signal becomes delayed because of all the other Bluetooth signals from other peoples controllers.