On 8/31/2020 at 1:34 PM, RobNC said:

I have an Equinox 800 and XP ORX with 11" X35 coil. They don't take the T2's place but between those 2 I have all I need.

Even at lower sensitivity (40 or so) the T2 finds things, and small if you have the right coil. I pretty much cleaned all my current sites out from 0-5" of anything worth having with the T2. Evertyhing left  is deep and/or masked by junk. Difficult hunting.

I have the ORX too. Man what a fun mahine that puppy is.  I had an equinox 600 as well for a little while. I liked the screen on it too. 

However I sold it and everything else when I got the ORX and saw how it performed. 

But here lately I guess I have been curious on some others I have never tried like the T2 to see what I think about it. 

My friend uses a T2 and has several other good machines. A few Tesoro units like the bandido 2 umax, lobo super traq, tejon, cibola silver sabre, whites dfx, Garrett at pro and the at gold, nokta relic,  and some more I cannot remember and out of all of them his go to machine is the T2.

I saw one of those the other day at a pawn shop and almost bought it but passed. I thought they wanted a little too much for it....159.00 or so. 

I always like the screen on that one. I have never hunted with one though. 

Is that the one you started out with??

3 hours ago, bigtim1973 said:

I have the ORX too. Man what a fun mahine that puppy is.  I had an equinox 600 as well for a little while. I liked the screen on it too. 

However I sold it and everything else when I got the ORX and saw how it performed. 

You will see that when you are used to detecting with a Deus or an Orx it is difficult to come back to a wired machine. When I connect the coil cable on my Vanquish control box I always feel coming back to the prehistoric ages ...   🙂I

Concerning the reliability of the XPs internal batteries that you mentioned in an other post above , they are very reliable. In fact those lithium internal batteries are much more reliable than external AA batteries. I have had very few issues with my Deus since I am using it ( 2013 ), either with the coil or the ws4 . The Deus/Orx are the most reliable detector I have ever had since I have been detecting ( I started in 1998 ). However If you use intensively your Orx you might have to change a battery in 3 or 4 years , just like with a smartphone, which is normal. 

Btw I am happy to see that you appreciate the Orx , I have tested it 2 years ago and was very impressed with it , just like the Deus it is a killer in iron trashed areas like ploughed fields , especially with the 9i white HF coil...    Very light and simple to use also ..  I could not find anything wrong with this machine , except the multitone limited to only 3 tones.    HH ...

6 minutes ago, palzynski said:

You will see that when you are used to detecting with a Deus or an Orx it is difficult to come back to a wired machine. When I connect the coil cable on my Vanquish control box I always feel coming back to the prehistoric ages ...   🙂I

Concerning the reliability of the XPs internal batteries that you mentioned in an other post above , they are very reliable. In fact those lithium internal batteries are much more reliable than external AA batteries. I have had very few issues with my Deus since I am using it ( 2013 ), either with the coil or the ws4 . The Deus/Orx are the most reliable detector I have ever had since I have been detecting ( I started in 1998 ). However If you use intensively your Orx you might have to change a battery in 3 or 4 years , just like with a smartphone, which is normal. 

Btw I am happy to see that you appreciate the Orx , I have tested it 2 years ago and was very impressed with it , just like the Deus it is a killer in iron trashed areas like ploughed fields , especially with the 9i white HF coil...    Very light and simple to use also ..  I could not find anything wrong with this machine , except the multitone limited to only 3 tones.    HH ...

So you have the same deus since 2013? If so that is awesome. 

I too have a deus. I do not have as much time under my belt as with my ORX since I purchased the orx first...but am getting more familiar with it. 

But glad yo see there are no battery failures with your experience with XP units!!

1 minute ago, bigtim1973 said:

So you have the same deus since 2013? If so that is awesome. 

I too have a deus. I do not have as much time under my belt as with my ORX since I purchased the orx first...but am getting more familiar with it. 

But glad yo see there are no battery failures with your experience with XP units!!

No I do not have the same deus since 2013 , sorry I did not explain very well... I have started in 2013 with a 9inch black coil plus  ws5 headphones , then I changed in 2018 for a 9i HF coil plus ws4 headphones .   No battery failures during this time . Just an issue with the ws5 headphones fixed by the XP support.   An excellent result for 7 years of quite intensive use , in often difficult conditions , rain , mud , dust , etc ... 🙂

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I think you'll like the T2.  Sure is easy to swing.  The 15" Teknetics/Fisher coil is an absolute POS and an embarrassment that they even made it.  Mine's nothing more than a decoration.  The Detech 13" Ultimate is the way to go for a bigger coil but I don't really think it's worth spending the money buying coils for it.  My primary coil is the Mars Tiger on my T2 and I find it a good match. 

For me the T2 matches the Nox for depth but it's ID's are nowhere near as good especially as targets get deeper.  If you don't hunt so much by ID like I do you'd find it good enough but for me it's ID's are a let down.   I'd call it a low mid range detector these days and I expect in the near future it'd be considered entry level in comparison to more innovative brands.

Well your th 2nd one on this thread who confirmed that the 15 inch coil was not worth having. So I will not pay any attention to those. 

And yes I do believe that the T2 has taken it's place in history as to what it offers and where it lines up in today's market with the onset of new units that have hit the scene. 

I have one of those Vanquish 540 units. I think it is a fun unit however I see it's limitations too. I wish it was selectable frequency. Even with just having one frequency to choose from as a single frequency to search with along with the multi q thing would be a large improvement on the machine. And I am sure it would not cost that much more to have that option too on the vanquish. 

55 minutes ago, bigtim1973 said:

Even with just having one frequency to choose from as a single frequency to search with along with the multi q thing would be a large improvement on the machine.

Agree.  The real Achilles heel with Vanquish though is the fixed GB.  You can somewhat work around that by notching out -8 and -9 in the mode you want to use but if you want to use different modes to interrogate targets in zero discrimination, forget it because you only have one program slot and if you shift out of a mode it forgets your custom settings.  Fix those 3 things and it takes the Vanquish to a whole new level in terms of versatility across different mineralization levels....but that's way off topic.

Got my Deus in 2015 and the control box, coil, and WS4's are still going strong though the original LF coil just sits around and blinks now as I almost exclusively use the HF coil.

• Like 2