20 hours ago, tvr said:

When I think of the education I got from working to understand what a detector without target ID was telling me, all I can say is that it is kind of a shame that most people will not get that education. Kind of like not learning to drive a manual transmission or write and read cursive.

I still prefer a Tesoro when sifting through foil littered parks, sports fields and totlots for jewelry. ย Nothing like that analog audio!!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Noah (FL) said:

I still prefer a Tesoro when sifting through foil littered parks, sports fields and totlots for jewelry. ย Nothing like that analog audio!!

๐Ÿคซ Don't say that too loud Noah! That's an "oldtimers" secret!! And how we get a leg up on them techy "whipersnappers" with there "hi-falutin'"ย  VDI'S!!๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 6/28/2023 at 10:56 PM, Joe D. said:

ย Nothing like that analog audio!!

โ€ฆ.True on So Many Levels, Oh Soo Many Levels..๐Ÿค™๐Ÿป

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I viewed them on the First Texas ad on ebay about 4 months ago and 2 days latter they messaged me with a $180.00 offer and I took it. Arthritis has had me down but i'm gonna give it a try soon.ย 

• Like 3

On 6/12/2023 at 5:28 PM, JohnnyRox said:

I'm thinking the Patriot is being put out to pasture.ย  Hopefully FT is making room for something new.

BTW...they accept offers.ย ย ๐Ÿ˜‰

I don't believe they are interested in building metal detectors anymore. I see the original Bounty Hunter line kept to sell to big box stores and the Tek and Fishers die out.

FT basically have one foot in the detecting grave,i am glad i snagged a brand new T2 with boost mode a few weeks back,not old stock,but the latest model for ยฃ299 which i thought was a bargain and boy oh boy that boost mode does work well.

Possibly my all time favourite detector,so easy to setup and really lightweight.

• Like 2

I got that deal awhile back. Glad I did as you can use other Fisher coils that may work. George

Yep, i grabbed a new f70 for $199. If you think the f75 and t2s can't keep up in the depth dept., you haven't given one a fair shake. They are as deep as most on the market today. Sparky? yes but still manageable. I have an eq 600 and sure it gets it done but i switch back and forth between the f75 and the eq and am pleasantly surprised sometimes which one shines on any given day. I originally was looking for the concentric coil for my 75 and for the money it made more sense to buy a whole machine with that coil for like $50 more.

• Like 2