Hello From Iowa

hugepossum

Won't be doing much detecting for the next few months here due to the ground being frozen 🙂 but hello and glad to be here. Not much gold prospecting around these parts, but we typically hit up the parks, fair grounds, freshwater beaches, and yards in the older neighborhoods instead. Nice to see an active detecting forum and looking forward to chatting with you all.

• Like 3

Welcome hugepossum to the forum and don't worry to much about a little bit of frost on the ground as it will soon be gone.

My grandfather and I used to pan for gold near the Sharon Bluffs State Park in the  Chariton River. We didn't get much more than an ounce, but it was a fun weekend with the sluice, pans, and canoe. We also hit Hickory Creek just a short distance from there, we had found good pockets of gold at the bends at both places.

Just wish we took a detector with us to help find better spots to dig up some good pay dirt.

Looking forward to seeing some of your finds and helpful hints.

Good luck and happy hunting!

• Like 2

Welcome, hugepossum!  That's a scary looking avitar, except to Australians.  They have (indoor) house pets meaner looking than that.

Another Midwestern detectorist.  You have lots of history there to explore and old (some valuable) coins to find.  I look forward to the chronicles of your adventures.

• Like 1

Hello hugepossum,

Welcome to the forum! I've seen some of your relatives walking along my fence at night!😁

Nice area to be in for some historic finds! Keep us posted!👍👍

• Like 1