Drone Maps And Drone Software

Have you ever wondered what the cutting edge mining drones are doing these days? 

Here is one company that gives an idea at the large scale level.  They call it Hovermap.

https://www.emesent.io/industries/mining/?utm_campaign=Mining Campaign Dec'20&utm_source=EDM-AM-7May2021&utm_medium=EDM-AM-7May2021&utm_term=EDM-AM-7May2021&utm_content=EDM-AM-7May2021 

What if you don't have any lidar?  Make your own.

Does anyone know anything about placer mapping?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Have you ever wondered what the cutting edge mining drones are doing these days? 

Here is one company that gives an idea at the large scale level.  They call it Hovermap.

https://www.emesent.io/industries/mining/?utm_campaign=Mining Campaign Dec'20&utm_source=EDM-AM-7May2021&utm_medium=EDM-AM-7May2021&utm_term=EDM-AM-7May2021&utm_content=EDM-AM-7May2021 

What if you don't have any lidar?  Make your own.

Does anyone know anything about placer mapping?

Looks like they’re combining a LIDAR surface map with an underground mine LIDAR survey map. Those types of graphics look nice.  There’s also some interest in using magnetometers and multispectral cameras to map mineral deposits.  Cool tech!

• Like 1

Steve,

I should have added this to this thread.

mn90403 the first 20 odd years on detecting nuggets I did not keep a gps reading of all my nuggets but the last 20 odd years I did. Boy would I like to have use of the LIDAR to go overs some of my patches and a look at similar ground in their vicinity.

• Like 1