My Apex High Trash Settings

kac

Here is the settings I use on the Apex in high trash areas. I keep iron audio set to 1-2 and note the first notch is accepted. This helps quite a bit on bottle caps.

Targets in the nickel range and gold range if you come across square tabs their numbers are usually bit jumpier. Don't be affaid to drop the sensitivity down more if needed.

For areas with lots of rusty sheet metal pieces, old tinned cans it is best  to use zero mode as disc modes will trim out good targets. This is the same on the AT series machines.

IMG_1558.jpg

• Like 5

What is the purpose of accepting the first notch, does that affect the breakpoint for iron volume or something (sorry, the Garrett implementation on the ferrous disc breakpoint vs. tone breakpoint vs. iron audio totally confuses me).

The notch at 70-75, for Zincolns?

With most of the iron notched out you have no iron tone then?

First notch will give you that fringe iron so bottle caps can be heard in the iron range. Iron range on Garretts are 0-40 but obviously super large or flat iron can ring in higher like other machines. You can pick up whole zincolns on that setting along with copper alloys like IH and Wheaties. That one upper notch helps alot with the bottle caps as it cuts them out or breaks their signal. Tested it at local ball park that has a carpet of tabs and bottle caps and only dug 1 cap.

• Like 4