New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

For anyone that’s ever used the boost mode on an F75 or V3i, you already know that the additional power is often accompanied by additional noise. I’ve personally found limited use for those hopped-up modes… Usually, further analysis of a deep target in accommodating ground conditions.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Luis said:

in some countries it will be somewhat more and in others somewhat less.  According to him VAT from home country and other taxes.  Here we have 21% VAT.  I think it's something else in France no‽

VAT in France is 20% anyway I live not far from you (jerez) so I will buy it in Spain

otherwise, I have family in Switzerland with 8% VAT but they sell the nox more expensive than in France, I guess they will do the same with manticore..

• Like 1

Does anyone else feel like the coil ears/stem seem over engineered? Why not just add 1mm in thickness to the traditional ears and call it a day? Kind of seems like reinventing the wheel.

• Like 2

On 8/28/2022 at 10:57 AM, ☠ Cipher said:

Either way, Mark Laurie has also definitely stated that it is pushing more power than the Equinox as well. I just don’t expect that to make a significant difference whether it’s 5% or 50% because of the inverse 6th power law, unless they’ve also made significant strides in EMI and ground mitigation. 

Yup, no argument there at all. See my revised last post. Even by pointing out the marketing misdirection I’m agreeing with you. People will read this all as “50% more depth” and that’s not going to happen, even remotely. A 5% real world gain would be a big deal, if that.

• Like 6

I realize we don't know all the specifics about the Maticore yet. But from what we do know a few things stand out to me if a person were on the fence about making a purchase between the Manticore and a similar priced recently released detector. Bluetooth audio rather that proprietary audio. Vibrate function, flash light, wider range of coil sized. Most likely less cost for accessory coils, possibly aftermarket coil availability, 2D with target trace and better EMI immunity. Any or all of those things may not matter to some. But it definitely has me thinking.

• Like 8

23 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Wish they could have made it more than just 1 oz lighter.  But that gives them license to say lighter than Nox, at least.  :laugh:

Seriously, though.  Looks like we got the Multi-IQ eTrac/CTX variant we have been clamoring after for 4 years, why am I not more excited about that? :rolleyes:

New detector launch fatigue and a bad case of manufacturer cynicism, I guess.  And also knowing that we are on the vlf performance plateau and the only real innovation left is in usability vice performance.

Considering it's light years ahead in the weight department over their legacy Etrac/CTX machines, and they still managed to shave off a little bit, you won't hear me complaining about the weight.  Never found the EQX800 to be a heavy machine.  Was it the most ergonomic, no, but compared to many from the past it was.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, scoopjohnb said:

That was exactly what I was thinking when he mentioned it. The video showed the Equinox tones, but without the clipping of the tone and more depth modulation.

A nice and very welcome surprise.

Target trace is an excellent feature even when detecting full screen open. Helps to single out the targets that are out of the ordinary. These are the ones I'm interested in as a jewelry hunter.

I watched the newer video where the guy was waving his wedding ring around by the coil and was pleasantly surprised to hear that all too familiar audio that's music to my ears 😁

Eddie Van Halen's 20 Greatest Solos – Rolling Stone

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, abenson said:

I realize we don't know all the specifics about the Maticore yet. But from what we do know a few things stand out to me if a person were on the fence about making a purchase between the Manticore and a similar priced recently released detector. Bluetooth audio rather that proprietary audio. Vibrate function, flash light, wider range of coil sized. Most likely less cost for accessory coils, possibly aftermarket coil availability, 2D with target trace and better EMI immunity. Any or all of those things may not matter to some. But it definitely has me thinking.

All those features have me very exited. Just what is known so far and Minelab’s proven track record has me convinced this machine will have a place in my arsenal, and possibly, hopefully on the top shelf. These combined features are exactly what we’ve been asking for, for many years. I’m more excited about this than I was the Deus 2. I’m surprised more people aren’t as excited as I am. 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, abenson said:

Take out the 2D target trace and the weird name and we have a good description of the Nokta Legend……..

• Like 7