New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

I guess something that also needs taken note of is the date submitted to the FCC on those headphone reports.

Date Submitted to FCC

11/14/2022

So we can confidently say they're not ready to ship yet seeing they've only just done that, are we still excited about a November release? 😞

It's not going to happen by the looks of it, I'd be very surprised if they're out in December.  More likely January or February, with April being when the bulk are out.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I paged through the 58 page test report (last document) so you likely were more careful than I (and surely more capable of understanding what was in it).  I saw a mid-October date.  Could this date you refer to be the date that the contractor(?) who performed the test submitted it back to the FCC?  (I hope, I hope...).  Even if so that may still be an indicator that approval is still a ways off, though....  I don't know if I'll have good enough weather for detecting over the three winter months, but even so I'd like to have one in my hands just to admire it.  🤩

1 hour ago, Cal_Cobra said:

now he wants to do all kinds of head to head tests when he gets his D2 and I get my Manticore....I think not 😏

If your scared, say your scared. 😃

8 hours ago, Sinclair said:

That's probably going to take another 10 years .. 🤣

I've been very close getting a Deus 2.. I guess its clever to wait, even if its hard ☺️
Up to now I'm not 100% convinced with neiter machine.

The Deus ll is the real deal !!! ( JMHO )

50 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

I paged through the 58 page test report (last document) so you likely were more careful than I (and surely more capable of understanding what was in it).  I saw a mid-October date.  Could this date you refer to be the date that the contractor(?) who performed the test submitted it back to the FCC?  (I hope, I hope...).

They likely kicked the ball rolling in October on the headphones as if you see the agent report they authorized a company to act on their behalf on the 20th of October to get the FCC stuff going, the Cover letter was Dated 02 November to the FCC asking for them to withhold releasing manuals etc that they are about to give to the FCC, and the final reports by the testing company in China was likely submitted on 11/14/22.

The date the headphones were tested is

Date of receipt of test item Sep. 08, 2022
Date of test Sep. 08, 2022 to Oct. 13, 2022

But to me, this doesn't seem like a product going to be mass produced and released for sale in November 😞

I had my hopes up I'd have it for Christmas.

Keep in mind these Bluetooth LE chips haven't been out for long, they're timing the Manticore release if it does come out soon not long after the Bluetooth LE chip release.

If this Manticore release of information like saying they're hoping it is coming out Nov/Dec was just a tactic to slow sales of the Deus 2 by getting people to wait and see what the Manticore is like I'm going to be so annoyed, I hate stupid games like that, I want my Manticore and I want it now! 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Oh my! 1

3 hours ago, Carolina said:

The Deus ll is the real deal !!! ( JMHO )

This is a prospector forum. The Equinox has been shown to outdo the Deus 2 on small gold. XP could update the gold program to be more sensitive on small gold, I'm sure. But that could possibly push the ORX sales aside, therefore an update probably won't happen!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, phrunt said:

But to me, this doesn't seem like a product going to be mass produced and released for sale in November 😞

Nor December.   Looks like 2023 as those experienced with these shenanigans have said.  "sigh"

8 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

My hunt buddy is an interesting fellow.   I've tried out a lot of detectors over the years, and he's seen which ones performed well and which ones did not.  He's been a hard core Explorer (XS and then 2) fan since I've known him, and I can't fault him for that as he's does great with it, even in the iron infested relic sites we love hunting.  He would routinely out hunt me when I was using my F75 LTD/LTD2, AT Pro, etc. a decade ago  But he really raised his eyebrows when I was heavily using the Racer/Racer2/Impact/Multi Kruzer as I was finally consistently keeping up, and even besting his finds (meaning total number of period conductors per hunt).  This continued and even improved when I started using the EQX800.  Still for some odd reason I couldn't get him off his Exp2.  The closest he came was when I orchestrated a group buy for the EQX800 (got them for $720 each when they were released!!!) he bought one, but he cashed in on the frenzy and dumped it on fleabay to make a quick buck when people were paying a premium over MSRP.   He talked himself out of it because in his mind it just couldn't perform in deep turf park hunting like an Exp2.  I know @stevegdispelled that, and had great success deep turf park hunting trashy parks.  Tom tried it a few times (believe he borrowed a couple) and did his best to talk himself out of getting one, despite all of his friends having great success with the Equinox he just couldn't break away from his trusty Dino2K Exp2. 

Fast forward to now, and even though he knows the Manticore is about to be released, he jumped on the XP D2 bandwagon and has one on order.  I asked him why on earth he didn't simply wait a couple of months to see how the Manticore shaked out, and he claimed one of his friends (that rarely even hunts anymore) go to the U.K. and that's the "cats meow" over there.  Okay, whatever, we don't hunt in the U.K. and I simply cannot fathom how a life long Explorer fanboy couldn't wait....now he wants to do all kinds of head to head tests when he gets his D2 and I get my Manticore....I think not 😏

This is really, really odd, Cal.  He's a tough nut to crack (and hard to understand...can't believe he bought a D2, after his disdain for the EQX (and now presumably, the Manticore?)

Steve

6 hours ago, phrunt said:

They likely kicked the ball rolling in October on the headphones as if you see the agent report they authorized a company to act on their behalf on the 20th of October to get the FCC stuff going, the Cover letter was Dated 02 November to the FCC asking for them to withhold releasing manuals etc that they are about to give to the FCC, and the final reports by the testing company in China was likely submitted on 11/14/22.

The date the headphones were tested is

Date of receipt of test item Sep. 08, 2022
Date of test Sep. 08, 2022 to Oct. 13, 2022

I had my hopes up I'd have it for Christmas.

Keep in mind these Bluetooth LE chips haven't been out for long, they're timing the Manticore release if it does come out soon not long after the Bluetooth LE chip release.

If this Manticore release of information like saying they're hoping it is coming out Nov/Dec was just a tactic to slow sales of the Deus 2 by getting people to wait and see what the Manticore is like I'm going to be so annoyed, I hate stupid games like that, I want my Manticore and I want it now! 🙂

phrunt -- I'm guessing that's EXACTLY what Minelab did...i.e. tease the Manticore release so that some folks "on the fence" might hold onto their 1.5K for a little while...

As for the headphones/Bluetooth LE, am I reading this correctly that the headphones aren't proprietary AFTER ALL, and that as more headphones that are Bluetooth LE-capable hit the market, we'll likely have other, compatible options if the ML-105 won't do it for us?  

In any case, it certainly looks like, from the info you posted, that we SHOULD be able to get less expensive, non-branded versions off of AliExpress, as you noted...

Steve

• Like 1