New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

You would think all the waterproofing and shaft issues would be addressed. But when I look at the high profile coil, I'm also not thinking water hunting was first and foremost on their minds. With all that ribbing, that thing is definitely not going to slice through the water.

minelab-manticore-metal-detector-search-coil.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Hi KOB,

If Minelab have sorted out the waterproofing, coil ear/armrest breaking issues and shaft issues that saltwater hunters quickly encountered with the Equinox for guys like you…….that would be fantastic since Equinox owners already know how well Multi IQ tech functions internally in salt and iron mineralization. 

Nobody should take anything I have said about me being not particularly interested in Manticore as a slight against it other than the name is ridiculous. I just don’t need another new detector right now.

It looks like they've solved the obvious problems we have suffered on the beach with this thing. But I'm really interested in the internal guts. Looks like the numbers will be spread out more. But the numbers have always been a bit jumpy. Other than the solid line targets away from all the trash , those are easy. But I recall being possibly the 1st to talk about digging a -5 and pulling out a honker gold ring from 16" deep. It read normal once out of the ground. People slaughtered me for that , calling me a liar. I didn't care and thought more for me ! Eventually more started chiming in with the same results. Bottomline was I still ended up digging about 90% of my targets. Not much different than my PI. I sure hope this new ML has some amazing new technology. 

• Like 3

I wonder if the little torch logo on it means they've copied Nokta and put a LED on the back of the control pod as a torch.   Perhaps a bit of payback for all the copying Nokta has done from them.  I hope so, it's quite a good idea.

• Like 6

Cad grads gone wild!  That rib design is probably strong as hell as a whole but knock one of the ribs off a projection and it might be back to the house.  Looks to me that there are coil ears.  Lower shaft might have a center block plus wider set of ears? What i don't see is a traditional coil bolt.  !5 inch coil in water sounds like stirring molasses.

34 minutes ago, King-Of-Bling said:

I sure hope this new ML has some amazing new technology. 

Hope springs eternal as they say.  It will probably incrementally improve the issue you pointed out regarding ID accuracy at depth.  

If they come out with a decent accessory coil lineup, I could see divesting myself of my out-of-warranty/dead battery Nox at some point.  I'll bite just before the obligatory 3-year Minelab MAP price bump up that comes right after the initial lot of Manticores' warranties expire, just like Nox.  Joyful.

I'm a tad surprised how few are excited about this beast, I prefer to call it the beast as the real name is too annoying to say or type 🙂

Maybe once the specifications come out that might change or at least once a few daring users take on the early adopter title, maybe we are just burnt out by all the new releases lately as it seems people were accustomed to the US manufacturers releasing a real new detector once every decade or two. 😄  I'm happy with a new model every 3 or so years, if a new model comes out at the time of my old models warranty running out then I'm all good.  In high end gold detectors I'd prefer a longer lifecycle due to their excessively high cost but for the VLF's I'm happy to change over every few years to a new one as long as it is better than the last.

Their investor reports hinted at this detector coming out for some time with a range of new detectors hitting the market, that range might be two or three different models of this beast, like with the Equinox and Vanquish.

Either way, it's possible this detector was made for me, a big coil for deep silvers in mild soils.  I'm sure they will have a few tidbits in there for those who found weak points in performance with their Equinox.  A year or so ago I would have been happy to buy a new Equinox if they just fixed the known flaws with it, a good quality Equinox so judging by the new Target ID graphics on the screen something has also been improved so that can only be a good thing.  Mulit-IQ has just worked so well for me that it makes me excited just to see the + on the end of it on the new model 😛

• Like 5