Garrett Axiom 2nd Outing + A Few General Thoughts And Observations

Calmark

Interesting stuff. There are some washes in AZ that are literally just black from magnetite, but are fairly shallow. They are in potentially big nugget gold bearing area too.

I tried both the GPZ and the 6000 in one of these areas with no luck at all. I'm curious if the Axiom can both cancel the magnetite out as well as hit gold still buried in magnetite laden sands. If so, that'd be pretty amazing since $14,000 worth of Minelab detectors couldn't do it. At least, not in any sort of way that I had the patience to detect. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jasong said:

I'm curious if the Axiom can both cancel the magnetite out as well as hit gold still buried in magnetite laden sands.

Yes. The only question is how well, not if it can do it. The Axiom has been tested in some of the thickest black sands anyone has ever seen. It balances out magnetite sands better than any detector I have ever used, bar none.

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Yes. The only question is how well, not if it can do it. The Axiom has been tested in some of the thickest black sands anyone has ever seen. It balances out magnetite sands better than any detector I have ever used, bar none.

That's kind of a big thing for some people. Man, I'd be investigating further and marketing that angle if I were Garrett...

It's stuff like that, combined with some discrim, coil selections, etc that can eventually add up and make the Axiom a more compelling unit to own than a 6000.

• Like 3