Deus 2 Update V1.0 Released

Sandheron

has anyone noticed that the TID's for high conductive coins seems to have gone down

at least how i run in 24khz max. zinc was 86-87, dimes 92-93, quarters were 95-96 and halves were 96-97

now it seems like zinc is 82ish, dime 90ish, quarter 93, half 96

this is good news if this is indeed the case. but these are just limited air tests. havent had time in the field yet.

10 hours ago, Dan(NM) said:

I'm having an issue with remote and WS6 not pairing after updating both of them. Not sure what to do at this point. The remote and WS6 have paired to the coil, just not each other. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Dunno if you resolved it but the problem is you have the WS6 in master mode.  Turn on the remote first with WS6 off, put remote in pairing searching for Headphones, then do a long press of the WS6 power ("minus") until the remote sees the WS6 and pairs with it, which puts it in slave mode 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Cheddar said:

has anyone noticed that the TID's for high conductive coins seems to have gone down

at least how i run in 24khz max. zinc was 86-87, dimes 92-93, quarters were 95-96 and halves were 96-97

now it seems like zinc is 82ish, dime 90ish, quarter 93, half 96

this is good news if this is indeed the case. but these are just limited air tests. havent had time in the field yet.

I dug a shield nickel yesterday with an in the ground VDI of 58 (at 24khz max)  which I thought was pretty low.  I’ll definitely test some samples when I get home.  Thanks for the info

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

Dunno if you resolved it but the problem is you have the MS6 in master mode.  Turn on the remote first with WS6 off, put remote in pairing searching for Headphones, then do a long press of the WS6 power ("minus") until the remote sees the WS6 and pairs with it, which puts it in slave mode 

Thank you Chase, I was wondering if that's what I had done. I'll straighten it out when I get off work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TJ Jeepguy said:

I dug a shield nickel yesterday with an in the ground VDI of 58 (at 24khz max)  which I thought was pretty low.  I’ll definitely test some samples when I get home.  Thanks for the info

Shield nickels, V nickels, and some buffalo nickels came up as that even with the previous version. Not surprised, but good info. 👍 Dug a few a while back and noticed that.

• Like 1

I just tried a modern nickels and buffs with different max frequencies on only general.  The VDI is consistent at 58 (14khz), 60 (24 kHz), and 62 (40 kHz).  Haven’t got much further than that yet

• Like 1

I’m not a coin shooter so it doesn’t make much difference to me about the varying id’s, but it is notable.  And thanks F350.  That was actually the first shield nickel I’ve ever found. 

• Like 1

On 5/16/2023 at 1:51 AM, brys said:

D1 didn’t have the validation it was simple,so why do we have to jump thru hoops to update

To give you something to complain about.  :laugh:

Unfortunately, it's a data grab for marketing purposes at this point, but it may also be a way to further control paid subscription feature tiers in the future for the Go Terrain app or the actual machines which, of course, is a double edged sword.  Good in the sense that you don't pay for features you don't personally need or want, bad in the sense their may be additional paid tiers and those tiers may be lifetime or periodic subscription renewal.

• Like 2

My update went on relatively easy, along with the tip from Chase to pair the WS6 back up to the remote. The WS6 can be a little tricky getting into update mode, but I got there without encountering any of the trouble plaguing others. The website seems to have calmed down on the 3rd day and I’m glad I waited. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

To give you something to complain about.  :laugh:

Unfortunately, it's a data grab for marketing purposes at this point, but it may also be a way to further control paid subscription feature tiers in the future for the Go Terrain app or the actual machines which, of course, is a double edged sword.  Good in the sense that you don't pay for features you don't personally need or want, bad in the sense their may be additional paid tiers and those tiers may be lifetime or periodic subscription renewal.

I’m hoping they won’t start charging for future updates, particularly if periodically. My heart skipped a beat when I saw they were emphasizing that this was free. Of course it is, I thought, they’ve always been and for every manufacturer and undateable platform…unless…it won’t always be the case. I would hate to have to pay more than I already have, $1600 plus accessories, for what I anticipated from purchase would be an evolutionary platform. I think if they started charging for future updates I’d say goodbye to the platform. 

• Like 2