2 More Days With The SDC 2300: 52 Nuggets And 8.8 Grams

As a whole unit it probably weighs around 50 pounds. Not too heavy to lift but real bulky. When I carry it, I cant see my feet, so a bit awkward on uneven ground if you cant see where you are stepping. It breaks down into components and is then easy to carry, but will take a few loads to carry in.

On 9/20/2014 at 3:52 PM, Bearkat said:

So far it looks like the cut off point on the ATX is right at .1 gram, maybe a tad smaller if someone is on their game detecting, and the cut off point on the 2300 is less than that - no solid figure yet except for Steve's 0.045 gram piece.

On 9/20/2014 at 10:05 PM, Reno Chris said:

I have a couple pieces at 0.03 grams that I have detected with the SDC and weighed on a very accurate scale. At the place I am working, the ATX can hear the gold if its large enough, but it also sees hundreds of hot rocks and falses on roots and rocks, making it much slower and more difficult to use at that location. Small chunks of magnetite, oxidized pyrite cubes and other high iron rocks are common in the gravels.

Been using the SDC for a few weeks now in Australia & 0.03 grams might be the magic number? My smallest has been 0.09 gram but went out with a mate to an area in NSW (Stuart Town) & he pinged the smallest I have seen so far which strained the scales at 0.03 gram  :laugh:

The SDC has been handling the ground well over this side of the pond too & I have had very few issues with "hot" rocks to date. Haven't had any falsing at all with hitting rocks etc. with the coil.