Good Looking Metal Detectors

Deus has "set the cat amongst the pigeons".

Totally wireless

Light as a feather

Lithium batteries

USB port for software updates - and (unlike some) actual updates.

The power budget for their detector must be awesome- recharges quickly with 5 volt USB!

OK - it's not a great gold detector, nor is it a great beach detector - but they are just getting started - plus - they actually CARE about metal detectors!! - WOW, how weird is that?

http://www.xpmetaldetectorsamericas.com/xp-history

Just saw that Steve has his up for sale in the classifieds. I would have thought that one would have made it to the varsity level. Must be due to it's gold finding abilities?

strick

On 12/1/2014 at 7:55 PM, strick said:

Well I'm glad to see that I got 3 out of the six you posted....CTX, SDC and the Deus. Traded the ATX a while back for the SDC. That darn Deus is not as easy to learn as my CTX but I'm slowly starting to like it for it's detecting abilities. The light weight and look's caught my attention early on. I've found a few things already that I missed with the CTX in heavy trash. Or maybe I'm just digging more with it then the CTX.  Did the XP Deus make the cut  on your detector team?

strick

Bingo, you hit the nail on the head. Most detectors try and eliminate trash targets and what you do is try to find targets that sound good. The DEUS is biased more towards simply digging all non-ferrous targets and you have to work harder on trying to decide what not to dig. In a nutshell, the DEUS gives you less excuses not to dig. In good old metal detecting terms though from my perspective it simply has a person digging more "iffy" targets and guess what, by golly, you find more good stuff. And dig more junk also. Nothing remarkable going on other than it does get probably the best target separation possible, albeit at a sacrifice for depth, but that is a normal trade-off. Bottom line is I wanted to add it to my nugget detector review list due to all the interest in it and the new Goldfield mode. I can't do that unless I use it personally, so I got one. It is an adequate but unremarkable performer as regards gold nugget prospecting. That along with the pricey and limited coil options do not make it a machine I need in my collection, but I can see why people like it so much, especially those hunting in thick ferrous trash. Just a great little unit and good to see somebody shaking the market up a bit in the way of design and performance. Mine, however, just found a new home.

The team - http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/454-going-to-get-garrett-atx-deepseeker-package/ Funny but most of them are on this good looking list, though I was not really thinking about it when I started this thread. I saw the F75 in black poster and thought "that is one good looking machine" and so the thread came to life.