We Have Winners Another Contest + Something Similar

WE HAVE WINNERS

See post 47 for the results.

This is a terrific spot to hang out and learn about the hobby and everyone here is so nice and helpful it’s feels almost like family and  in the spirit of just having good family fun I wanted to propose another give away. Ridgerunner has done this a few times I think and it’s a lot of fun for everyone. So, digging through stuff and I have this little kiln my wife bought a while back for refining gold scrap, I picked it out because I thought just about everyone on this forum might want to have this and really what could be a better fit on a gold related forum, OK gold but I don’t have much of that to give away. It’s an electronically temperature controlled electric kiln made by Kerr called an automatic electro melt, I believe has a 1kg graphite crucible that will fire automatically to just over 2000 f. This is an older model, I haven’t tried it yet but don’t think she used it more than a couple of times. I didn’t see this exact model on eBay but the 3 kg ones they were selling for around $800.

i was thinking something simple and easy, the escrow closes on the house I just sold on September 30th, and if you would like to win this little gold scrap refining kiln just add your name to this thread with “I want this or something similar” and every entry I get prior to mid nite September 29th I’ll put in a hat and draw the winner. I’m going to limit my free shipping to the lower 48, but if you are outside the 48 and want to play that’s fine you’ll just have to cover the shipping due to the cost. I’ll do the drawing as soon after the 29th as I can and post the results as soon as possible, good luck.

1031113E-9DB3-43D2-BF7C-642C94CB7153.thumb.jpeg.0b99171ad6885ca745558cbf6f7e6505.jpeg

I realized the way I worded my contest entry it sounds like there should be a second place, “or something similar” ok I’m going to include the little pen plating system Steve was so kind to provide the video information for. Looks like the chemicals I had pictured with it in the earlier post are for something else and shipping chemicals is problematic, so no chemicals are included but I see all the cables and clips with the main unit and the power adaptor, the glass is in good condition and there is a little bag with felt tips.

A325D5B2-A0B0-42F7-B75C-243EC7FEDB69.thumb.jpeg.1c7d15531dbe75c0a593e5a44329f86a.jpeg

I just did a test with the little gold refining kiln and it turns on and I can feel the chamber getting hot on the outside but the controls are not responding like they should. it may need hopefully something minor the instructions suggest a couple of things, no doubt parts are available the company is still around and if nothing else still good source of material for a dyi kiln.

Because of this I am including in first place with the kiln a 1900 Morgan silver dollar no mint mark, pictured along side the little kiln to make up for not checking first.

UPDATE You can still buy the plating solution online, I’m not sure how to ship chemicals and don’t want to commit to paying a lot to do so but if we can arrange it some how I’ll include the factory sealed quart of plating 14 KY Bright acid plating solution I have should keep it in gold for a little while.

D7237FCB-2576-444C-89A6-1953B2606E66.thumb.png.a939e598a7f2386afc2bac31f870c4f2.png

146925FD-0D08-4624-A3FB-FA8C12E471EC.thumb.jpeg.f46d11636e96d5f6463175b5fdba98a6.jpeg

Yes please, let Christmas come early! 😀

I'll place my name in the hat!

Mitchel