Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

New Minelab Pi Announcement Date 2020

11 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I'm seriously considering a trip to Australia for prospecting.

You should do that Simon... it would convince nugget depletion is a real thing. Nobody is saying all the gold is gone everywhere. Yes, some people are still doing well but they are getting rarer every year. Places like Africa and such are newer fields but if nugget detecting has taught me anything it’s that it’s amazing what a few thousand people with metal detectors can do given a little time. The gold lasts forever but the cream of the crop goes away in a stunningly short period of time. Not long ago finding an ounce of gold a day was not that hard for me. Now I’m really happy with an ounce in a week.

Anyway, I’ll shut up now. I don’t want to be that old guy raining on the parade. Lots of gold out there for sure, just ask any metal detector dealer! :smile:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Thanks 1

Phrunt, Steve is a bottom-liner, but don't let that fool you, he's just as big a dreamer as we are and he's been at it a hell of a long time. Keep dreaming...

• Like 2

Aie Charles Thatcher had the go back then still has. I travelled OZ chasing the heavy stuff on short trips many times, spent 2 years straight in WA, NT & Vic, did OK but found twas golder at home, I just had to adapt.

Now Phrunt to put a Bob each way...........True detectable gold is depleting, but that was also the consensus back in the mid 1980s, as I have no doubt will be so in 2080 and probably was so in the 1880s even. Don`t listen to Steve & JR they just don`t want to share ? Tis plenty out there with your name on, you just have to adapt.?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The heck with gold!!! Give me a detector that finds me Rhodium!