GMX And Emi

Thanks Rick for the  reply. I have one finger lake that when the water is low you can go about 800 feet from shore.The boats during the summer have to be beyond the 500 foot markers. There are bottlecaps galore so the  Iron audio on the At gold was a big help. Most of the  rings were easy hits so this machine saved you time by  not being stopped that much by the caps.  It would hit gold rings like a pitbull on a meatball.In close is a clean small swim area and a good spot for the gmx since it gets hit hard and only has small gold mostly.The      nox  with the new f2 should help with the caps so it won't slow me down like  last year out   past the 500 foot mark.Can you  tell a bottlecap on the Gmx  from a good target with the 6inch coil?Good luck hunting.

9 hours ago, phrunt said:

I'm like a duck out of water when I encounter any difficult ground, I have no idea what to do, the GM takes care of it for me, On the Nox I tried to ground balance over the bedrock and it didn't resolve the problem.  The problem is the bedrock often comes up the same numbers as small gold, and I'm looking for small gold.  Big sections of it can be 1/2 on the VDI's.  It's really weird and only in this creek do I have this problem.  The GM works well there though, (I had a brain fart typing this saying the GM gets  -7 -8 -9 on the bedrock I meant to say it slams negative on the probability meter right at the far negative end)  so it does appear to be ground balance related.  Maybe someone more familiar with bad ground on the Nox could resolve it, my solution is to use another detector so I need either a water proof GM (come on ML) or I need to try other things like the GMX, and I like trying new things 🙂

JW's GB2 works fine in the creek but I don't want such an old style detector and I want waterproof for the waterfalls which I'm sure will hold the most gold.

Did you try 20 and 40 kz in the  gold modes?

The Gmx will hit a bottle cap nice. So you would be digging bottle caps. Bottle caps are tough for most detectors.