Vanquish/ Wm08 Module

3 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Have you eliminated a bad connection on the downstream side of the WM08? 

No I have not eliminated a bad connection between my headphones connector and the WM08, I will check this .  Perhaps by trying other headphones I dont know …  Actually I have asked the question to the ML support in France on this ( loss of transmission ) issue  a few months ago , but no answer from them up to now ..

7 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Covid-19 restrictions are being loosened starting today/tomorrow here so I'm going to hit a local park soon.  I'll report back if there is any change.

Still having signal loss occasionally with the second WM08.  If I fiddle around with the headphone cord I can get the problem to alleviate.  Only bothered me twice today during a short (1 hour) hunt.  So the good news is that it's not a faulty WM08.  I doubt it's the headphone 1/4" male to adapter 1/4" female connection, either.  Quite likely something with the 3.5 mm connection.  I'll continue to investigate.  As I said, for a couple hundred hours this adapter worked just fine with the WM08, but not lately.  Fortunately it only cost me about $6 and that's a lot cheaper than either the WM08 or a good set of headphones.

I had a similar problem with the Qwest RF T/R units (actually it was before they changed their name due to getting caught ripping off the Tek T2 software).  It worked for a hundred hours or so and then started getting flaky.  (That wasn't an adapter but an internal connection problem, but something to do with the 3.5 mm socket.)  I also recently got the Garrett RF T/R pair -- hope that holds up -- I use it with my other detectors.