New Here- Kind Of

Compass

21 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Hello again Compass,

I ment to ask you; is that canoe in the picture your handiwork? Those are some "Mad" skills! 

(I think i used that term correctly?!)👍👍

Thanks Joe, Yes, it is something I've been wanting to build for a while and the "stay-at-home" period seemed like a good time to start. I have some remote locations I want to detect and a boat will make it easier to get there.

I would think with that kind of "custom" made canoe, an aficionado would pay "big bucks" for it!! I'm sure you know what they are worth! Than you could buy a nice "Old Town Canoe", another detector, and still have cash left!🛶💰 Just a layman's opinion!👍👍(Your's is seriously too nice to beat around in!)

20200619_113119.jpg

8 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

I would think with that kind of "custom" made canoe, an aficionado would pay "big bucks" for it!! Than you could buy a nice "Old Town Canoe", another detector, and still have cash left!🛶💰 Just a thought!👍👍(Yours is seriously to nice!)

20200619_113119.jpg

Thanks Joe,  You are right, they aren't cheap to buy and not cheap to build (in my case anyway). And what you are saying makes a lot of sense. However, after all the time and effort I have and will put into this project I would like to keep it in the family as long as possible. 

Yes Sir,

Family first! Money and toys are down the list! Woodworking is an underappreciated art! Hope the family treasures it for a very long time! Send me a (pm), or us some pics, when you are done! If you don't mind!👍👍

19 hours ago, SeabeeRon said:

Hey George, good to see you here as well!

Thanks Ron, Always good to hear from you no matter the forum!