Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Minelab GPX 6000 Revealed!

So I think that this detector might be geared more to the Middle East area and one reason is the shaft length.  If you look up the average height for people in that region it’s right around 5’ 6” to 5’ 8”.  But if you take a look at people that live in areas that are further north, such as Europeans, they are around 5’ 10” to 5’ 11”.  Just an observation.

Max. Shaft lengths

GPX5000  51.2"

GPZ7000  60.1"

GPX6000  57.0"

Therefore the 6000 is longer than the 5000 but shorter than the 7000. Im sure ML will have a reason for the GPX6000 shaft length. Maybe to make it longer they would have had to beef up the shaft with a corresponding weight increase or balance issue.

10 minutes ago, VicR said:

Max. Shaft lengths

GPX5000  51.2"

GPZ7000  60.1"

GPX6000  57.0"

Therefore the 6000 is longer than the 5000 but shorter than the 7000. Im sure ML will have a reason for the GPX6000 shaft length. Maybe to make it longer they would have had to beef up the shaft with a corresponding weight increase or balance issue.

The big thing with the previous GPX's is that longer aftermarket shafts are readily available.

Why the hell do Minelab persist with shafts that they know are too short for people over about 5'10" ?????????? How freakin difficult is it to supply a better length shaft ?

Rick

Completely unrelated, but I looked at the website of one of those dealers posting the early GPX 6000 videos, and unless I'm mistaken, isn't that Gerry on their photo page, 5 down from the top, on the right? They just snag random pictures off the internet or Gerry do you have some Dubai connections? ?

• Haha 1

Amazing how the middle east now seems to have become the early ML beacon for the world. I am sure dealers here have the same info (and potentially demo versions) but are much more careful. Kind of a double standard. We discussed this before here, but I can't help mentioning it again because it's just so striking.  It would be good to hear from ML at some point in time if all this was intended, or just leaked. And if leaked, what the consequences would be. Would be nice to be fair to the original customer base as well (Au and US). Still a significant market after all with loyal customers.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Those are Garrett promotional photos - Gerry did some AT Gold advertising with Garrett and these guys are using that stuff.

Minelab have been the major brand and believe they dont need to spend probably extra cash advertising since their products has spoken for itself and will continue to do so...

On 1/15/2021 at 1:09 PM, Gold Catcher said:

The word is around 6k US. I will be on the preorder list next week then I will be able to tell for sure.

Minelab and their dealers need an umbrella when they dream about such customers.

They don’t even have to work to get a sale, all profit and no work for them.

You don’t know the weight and balance of the machine, or what the Geo Sense technology is

Is it comfortable for YOU to swing?

Can it except legacy GPX coils? are the supplied coils chipped? when are DD coils coming out for the thing?

Warranty, price?

15 minutes ago, egixe4 said:

Minelab and their dealers need an umbrella when they dream about such customers.

They don’t even have to work to get a sale, all profit and no work for them.

You don’t know the weight and balance of the machine, or what the Geo Sense technology is

Is it comfortable for YOU to swing?

Can it except legacy GPX coils? are the supplied coils chipped? when are DD coils coming out for the thing?

Warranty, price?

Typically, getting on a list does not necessarily require a $ commitment so its a no lose proposition in the event the release results in a slow rollout and wait times - good to be near the front of the line, there is still plenty of time for all of that information to come out before a customer actually has to put down actual cash.  At least, that is the way I play it. I ONLY deal with dealers who do not charge a deposit to be on a waiting list.

• Like 3