Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

What Do You Think I Found?

Ok, the guessing is up.  All the clues have been given.  This is more of a 'what your detector' can see story than something valuable.

I wish we would have more of them.  What did you find?

Well, I have gained more respect for Norvic.  He is the closest to the real find.

When I dug the hole it was not tin as I had heard before.  This target that was silent to a 3030, mellow to a 7000 and jumping around on the GB Pro was a piece of degraded aluminum foil.  It is not a find of a lifetime but an object seen by a 7000 but would probably be missed with other technology.

post-628-0-74850200-1451861365_thumb.jpg

post-628-0-33846300-1451861323_thumb.jpg

post-628-0-73610700-1451861345_thumb.jpg

well nice I guess, but if you do happen to find an autographed photo of randy mantooth, post up.

I dropped a duece there a couple years ago and put that trash on top before I covered it up.  Must have smelled like cheap red wine and bean dip. 

I've learned my lesson especially with the 7k, loose float gravel "no bueno", got to have a bottom within digging distance. 

Got to have a bottom within digging distance?

Well, a good friend of mine picked up a heck of a gold-quartz specimen in deep Placer tailings gravel some time back. Multiple ounces of gold in a single piece and I'd bet the bottom there was at least 5 feet down. Probably more.

I have to agree here with CR. I am among the laziest prospectors out there but skipping over something because you don't want to dig a deep hole is a poor practice. However after a couple of dozen pieces of deep trash I usually take a break and try to find some exposed bed rock. Digging deep "trash" has always paid off in the long run.