Consult Gpx 5000

Luis

I would like to know if I can influence the depth using the RX gain at 17 and the stabilizer at 4. It is very stable for me but I do not know if I am losing depth using the stabilizer so low

it really depends on your conditions and what you are looking for. If you're after small gold then having the threshold at it's most stable point is more important than getting depth. If you're looking for bigger targets like rings or relics then you can stand to have some threshold noise as most bigger targets will still be heard. I've run my stabilizer as low as 2 before to get it perfectly quiet. Yea I'm probably still missing the small stuff. But it's better than trying to sort out small targets from the threshold noise IMO.

I'm going to add something. When I get to a new site I'll usually select the timing I want to use. ground balance, turn the RX gain up until the threshold starts to break and then use the stabilizer to smooth out the threshold. I'll usually ground balance again just to make sure.

• 2 weeks later...