Website Back In Time ×

Indians And Buffalos

Great places you have to have to hunt. Nice finds. Always good to get IH's and Buffalo's. I haven't seen an aluminum horseshoe. Nice.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

Great places you have to have to hunt. Nice finds. Always good to get IH's and Buffalo's. I haven't seen an aluminum horseshoe. Nice.

Thanks Rick!

I know it isn't much, but right now I'll post just about anything... ? Not much going on lately. Like the Hoover Boys say, if you dig an IHP it's an episode. ?

Today was unusual in that I was able to run the Equinox 600 full blast, park 1, 24 sensitivity, recovery speed 2 (half), and I cranked F2 to 3 to avoid iron falsing.

Sure didn't miss the nickels! Ground balance was 3. Some of these finds were 8+inches down. With all the iron I wanted to get "past" it with the 10x5. Seemed to work well. ?

I've never heard of aluminum shoes either despite working with horses for a bit. Apparently they are much better on their feet than iron. Looked it up and it's probably fairly modern.

• Like 3

That's where my settings would have been relic hunting. Good you could run sensitivity 24. I like recovery 4 and haven't ran it less. With my Xp Orx I'm going to try Recovery 1 when I take it in the water.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

I like recovery 4 and haven't ran it less.

Recovery 2 is middle on the 600, it's max is 3 or about 6 on the 800. 2 is I think 4. For iron balance F2=3 is max, I think it's also equivalent to F2=6 on the 800.

IB at F2=3 means I'm not going to dig much iron, and I don't miss nickels. I'll run it lower at the beach. I did dig a small 10k gold ring on a hill behind my house with high IB, so I know I'm not missing much. ?

Looks like a a great day out and an interesting collection of finds. The aluminum horseshoe is facinating. I've never seen one of those and had no idea there was such a thing.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Looks like a a great day out and an interesting collection of finds. The aluminum horseshoe is facinating. I never seen one of those and had no idea there was such a thing.

It looks good but the wear might be a problem.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Another great hunt in the books for you with some nice finds again.

Good luck on your next outing and find some silver.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Four oldie day -- I'd be thrilled with that.  Daffodils?  Spring is just around the corner!  ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1