Gary B. Deus 2 Relic Program Deep Coins

Jeff McClendon

This is the one some of you have been waiting for. Me too. Gary Blackwell uses the Deus 2 Relic Program after hunting an area with the General Program.

Relic program has a max frequency of 24 kHz and is a powerful hybrid threshold based all metal mode with VCO audio similar to Gold Field but with frequencies that are better for relic hunting.

Gary Blackwell with his typical no muss, no fuss way of teaching how to do it with quiet enthusiasm. 

Thanks for brightening my day Gary.

Now that's a good video.   I really like the way this guy presents himself and his videos are very well done, honest, non opinionated and informative.   Very professional.

I can relate to this video as he's doing hunting in similar soil conditions even finding some of the same coins I find.

Every time I hear that audio I have flashbacks to the Gold Monster 😉

The two threshold based all metal modes on Deus 2 with FMF tech and VCO audio are definitely secret weapons if one can learn how to use them. If I had a target on Deus 1 that was just out of reach of a discrimination mode, Gold Field would usually hit it really well in mild to moderate mineralization.

Now with Deus 2's FMF technology, not only will it probably hit those really deep, just out of reach for the discrimination modes targets, it may also give a really accurate target ID and a good indication of the target's conductivity at least. For sure it will scream on 10" coin sized and bigger targets as Gary's video shows.

Equinox Gold modes can function the same way and give good IDs if the soil is moderate to mild iron mineralization and the ground does not have tons of iron trash.

3 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

The two threshold based all metal modes on Deus 2 with FMF tech and VCO audio are definitely secret weapons if one can learn how to use them. If I had a target on Deus 1 that was just out of reach of a discrimination mode, Gold Field would usually hit it really well in mild to moderate mineralization.

Now with Deus 2's FMF technology, not only will it probably hit those really deep, just out of reach for the discrimination modes targets, it may also give a really accurate target ID and a good indication of the target's conductivity at least. For sure it will scream on 10" coin sized and bigger targets as Gary's video shows.

Equinox Gold modes can function the same way and give good IDs if the soil is moderate to mild iron mineralization and the ground does not have tons of iron trash.

Question. I've tried using threshold on other high-end detectors, and it's not something I want to use. On the D2 can you silence the threshold while in relic program. Many have tried to convince me it's something I should do but I will never, ever embrace a threshold sound. 

Threshold volume level can be turned up or turned down to silence it in the Relic and Gold Field modes. 

13 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

As I watched him find deep copper pennies, I was wondering how mineralized his soil is.  Those sure were loud-and-clear signals (with steady dTID's) on the two pennies (I think one was 9 inches and the other 10 inches deep, or there about).

I like the Eqx Gold Mode for park detecting but so far only for investigating weak Park 1 hits.  Having a mode with lower frequencies, as on the Deus 2, could up the value even more.

IMO, this kind of live video tells me more about how a detector will perform (obviously in the ground & trash conditions present) than other types of videos.  Admittedly that field seemed to have particularly low trash (and low mineralization?), which is ideal, of course.

I'd much rather see a few recoveries without edits, as this video shows -- i.e. the sounds, the screen, the digging, the final recovery plus seeing him skip over targets he decides are trash, while telling you why he's doing so.  Real detecting -- the good, the bad, and the ugly!

I dig copper pennies like that all the time at those depths, that's their normal depth, if not deeper here, they're always screamers so what he was experiencing in that video is very normal for me, with just about any detector with a big enough coil, 11' or more would do it on any of my detectors on the copper pennies.  My Ace 300 hits pennies that deep with a very strong signal.  I have a feeling his field soil is similar to mine.   Those UK pennies are very easy to hit targets.

I really like videos like this one, they show it in use, he finds targets in the wild so you see how the detector operates and can relate to it, you can think oh yes, that looks about right that's what I experience too, or wow, that seems deep to get that signal strength, my detector doesn't do that well.   What I see from his videos is the detector seems nice to use, it's ID's in that situation are quite good and it's getting pretty good depth for the size of the coil.

I'd never heard of Gary before these XP videos, but I really like the guy and am thankful for his videos, they make me want to buy the detector.

On 2/11/2022 at 5:42 PM, GB_Amateur said:

As I watched him find deep copper pennies, I was wondering how mineralized his soil is.  Those sure were loud-and-clear signals (with steady dTID's) on the two pennies (I think one was 9 inches and the other 10 inches deep, or there about).

I like the Eqx Gold Mode for park detecting but so far only for investigating weak Park 1 hits.  Having a mode with lower frequencies, as on the Deus 2, could up the value even more.

IMO, this kind of live video tells me more about how a detector will perform (obviously in the ground & trash conditions present) than other types of videos.  Admittedly that field seemed to have particularly low trash (and low mineralization?), which is ideal, of course.

I'd much rather see a few recoveries without edits, as this video shows -- i.e. the sounds, the screen, the digging, the final recovery plus seeing him skip over targets he decides are trash, while telling you why he's doing so.  Real detecting -- the good, the bad, and the ugly!

His soils are mild. Don’t remember where I read this but he wrote that soils in UK, generally, are not mineralized. And UK people are lucky for this...if this is the truth.

Right mild but with huge amount of coke and iron... so...