Why Aren't More Analog Detectors Made?

On 3/23/2022 at 12:00 AM, JCR said:

I certainly don't understand the details but it had to do with the signal's processing.

Or lack of analog signal processing.. a good thing really. Would you like to speak to a human being or a computer? Same difference! 

On 3/22/2022 at 12:14 PM, Rick N. MI said:

That's what I want. I like all the knobs and switches.

I think I'll get a Tejon again. I miss it.

If you want a Tejon, I have one. Have bunch of coils too..from big, to little Snake coil for it.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2022 at 1:49 PM, Cal_Cobra said:

We'll there's this 🤔  This Rotary Cell Phone Actually Works and You Can Buy It | Digital Trends

I want one! Couldn't come up with a better way to block isles in the super market or traffic than one of those.

• Haha 1

On 3/23/2022 at 3:05 PM, phrunt said:

It does look a nice build quality detector, and at 30kHz it should be decent on nuggets.  I'd be surprised if it's 40 to 50cm air test depth is anything like that in the ground though, it comes standard with an 11" coil.

1018254577_GoldHound.jpg.cb7bb82ffec99e8f56d8b4d3feb36d1f.jpg

https://deeptech-bg.com/vista-vlf-metal-detectors/GOLDHOUND

The Gold Gain has both gain and sensitivity and similar price. I think the GG would be the better machine in that regard. Again... unless they have a machine under 10khz or have concentric coil options, hunting around small iron can mask you out as it would with any other machine with vdi or not. High frequency machines are nice but depending on the area and type of hunting your doing can be very counter productive.

On 3/22/2022 at 10:41 AM, Rick N. MI said:

Analog detectors like Tesoro have a great sound.

The last-gen models weren't analog, a micro generated the audio. The Golden uMax went out-of-production because they lost the micro code. You'd have to go back to the Bandido 2 uMax for an all-analog Tesoro.

• Like 7