Chinese Detector Mash Up

We should not equate the entire production of a country based on high or low quality but to the quality of the customers requests for that item. Same with China, if the customer wants a cheap product that is more affordable then what Minlabe provides they will make it. I would assume most of these detectors are sold in Africa, South and Central Asia, and Latin Americas. I would imagine most 90% of the stuff we buy here is made in China, otherwise if they were built in the U.S. or in the E.U. we wouldn't be able to afford. Next time your in Europe, take a look at the price of good quality clothes or appliances, you will have sticker shock. I am thankful for cheap affordable Chinese tools like the Champion generator I purchased. Cost me 1400 bucks works great just keep it maintained and it will last a long time. A Honda 10K generator would have cost 6,000, majority of people can afford 1400, not 6,000. China supplies the world with cheap affordable goods for the common man/woman. Thank you China. 

Of course, nothing at all wrong with China or Chinese people, fantastic people and a beautiful country.  The point was the laws there have been somewhat relaxed about duplicating products from other manufacturers.  You probably didn't need to buy the Champion generator if you had access to the broad Chinese market for generators you could have bought a Hunda 10k that would be an exact duplicate of the Honda 10k possibly using cheaper components and that's the point, I don't know if you've ever been there but they have massive multi level shopping malls dedicated to selling duplicate clone goods and the prices are incredible... next to nothing for a handbag that would cost you $5000, they'll give you the duplicate for $5.  This has extended out to Australia and new Zealand where they have big stalls at our markets and lots of them selling fake goods, they get away with it, I don't think anyone really cares as long as they know they're buying a fake.  It's easier to buy a fake First Texas detector in NZ than it is to buy a real one, VERY MUCH easier so most people who buy one do.  I had to go to great lengths to get genuine ones and genuine coils, often having to import them.

They do have a range of manufacturing from extremely high quality products under contract to other brands such as Apple and Samsung, to very poor quality insanely cheap products.  You pay for what you get.  The problem everyone has is when these extremely cheap products are passed off by dodgy sellers as the real thing to buyers who do not know the difference, such as fake detectors.

I also agree that it's highly likely 80% of all things inside our houses at the moment are either made in China, or made with Chinese components, I'd not be surprised if it was 90% or more and I'm happy with those products.