Deus 2 Question

Rick N. MI

7 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

Yes, that's why. How much would that affect sweeping in the water? Would it be noticeable?

Rick, I was accustom to swinging an Excalibur with a coverless 10" slimline coil in the water. I found the D2 9" with the coil cover on slightly easier, and the D2 11" with the coil cover on slightly harder. The Deus coils not being centered didn't bother me like I thought it might. I found fastening the coil covers on snugly with a half a dozen zip ties greatly reduces the sand build up and clean out frequency. Also I drilled a hole in the antenna clip so I could see the LED, got rid of the o-ring and zip tied that as well. I hope that helps. 

20220602_153209.jpg

I like the design of the Xp coils with the brace angling down. That help in the water.

Only water hunted with it a couple times this summer and don't remember it being difficult to swing. The first time I took it I forgot the darn antenna...I did notice the antenna wires turning brown and I think I seen someone say that it does not effect transmission of the signal? maybe someone can verify...I'd permanently affix the antenna to the machine but I use it for land hunting more then water so don't want to go that route. 

strick 

1 hour ago, strick said:

I think I seen someone say that it does not effect transmission of the signal? maybe someone can verify...

It's a "waveguide" more than an antenna. No physical connection other than being clamped over the transmitter antenna. As long as the braid inside doesn't rot out or break, I can't see that it will cease to function. It does look crappy tho. 🤔 Mine did it early on.

Gigmaster shows how to change out your antenna wire in the video. You'll want to jump to the 5:55 mark. He also has the link to the wire on Amazon. You should be able to find it in black too, so you can't see the wire if it turns brown. 

I posted this back in April my mod for concealed antenna cable. By coiling the wire you can fully collapse both shafts if you exit just behind the RC as shown. The top shaft can now be opened to the cuff for suitcase travel.

7595AAB2-09D1-4D8D-A6A7-30E914362B00.jpeg

AC949824-25BC-471B-AD84-8403CA39E03D.jpeg

8CDA06DC-0208-4E15-8A78-B02C503F5EF6.jpeg

5 hours ago, Carolina said:

I posted this back in April my mod for concealed antenna cable. By coiling the wire you can fully collapse both shafts if you exit just behind the RC as shown. The top shaft can now be opened to the cuff for suitcase travel.

AC949824-25BC-471B-AD84-8403CA39E03D.jpeg

That looks so much better than the wire wrapped around the outside of the shaft. Well done, Carolina!