900 Vs Manticore -help?

TroyLPN

Just now, Jeff McClendon said:

Didn’t notice the street light going out but the” people, actually one person, that generously gave CD a sub gram nugget is on this forum. John just can’t pronounce his name right or NASA Tom’s either. 

Well, sending out gold certainly speaks volume about the generosity within.

But yes, if you watch closely, the light goes out!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, PSPR said:

I didn't notice the street light but I did notice he mentioned one of our very own moderators here having sent him the gold nugget.  Hmmmm.

3 minutes ago, CoinShooter1 said:

Well, sending out gold certainly speaks volume about the generosity within.

But yes, if you watch closely, the light goes out!

Old news= Sore subject.😩

4 minutes ago, PSPR said:

I didn't notice the street light but I did notice he mentioned one of our very own moderators here having sent him the gold nugget.  Hmmmm.

Actually, I believe it was more that just 1 nuggett...

One looked decent in size..

Bigger than a typical picker.

Ive got to go watch again.

Most importantly,  it went to a great cause.

After all, Calabash was up early this morning, and truth be told, probably still at it right now, producing more content.

Gold or no gold, that guy is a tropper.

2 minutes ago, Doc Bach said:
10 minutes ago, PSPR said:

Old news = Sore subject

4 hours ago, phrunt said:

I don't know where people are getting the idea the Nox 900 has better EMI immunity, they in their marketing have not said a thing about the 900 having better EMI handling.

The Manticore has the long press EMI noise cancel feature, and claims in its marketing it is the one with better EMI handling.

BOOSTED EMI IMMUNITY

There may be a storm raging outside but inside MANTICORE it’s quiet and calm. Improved EMI rejection means it’s possible to operate using higher sensitivity whilst isolating target information — even in the most challenging environmental conditions.

The Nox 900 remains unchanged from the 800.

That's why I said "supposedly"

4 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Yup. Not everyone wants to invest in new coils. What about that superb Coiltek 10x5? If I go to Manticore, it’s no good. Works on 900. I see lots of reason, and not just price, to go from 800 to 900. I may go 900 first while dust settles on all but inevitable Manticore issues. If it’s the first bug free detector in years that would be a first. The 900 in the other hand basically fixes Nox bugs. It will be the best seller in my opinion. People overestimate how many of the general public wants to spend the big bucks on a detector, and the 900, building on Nox success, really hits the sweet spot. Forums skew to machines like the Manticore, but forum members are generally running detectors at higher levels than the average people you will see at club meetings around the country. Even the 900 is a stretch for a lot of people.

I agree with you but in my case I'll just stick with my 800 with Tele-Knox 3 piece rod (dark blue same as my lightening blue Ford) and the Coiltek 10x5. No water hunting for me so no problem there. That combo worked really well for me this year so I'll continue with it. But I'm going with the M-core also, well simply because I can....really don't need it and I'm not overly optimistic I missed much in the older sites I can get to but it will be fun to try. I generally drive to sites with a backpack and motorcycle so both of them having the ability to collapse is win/win...cheers all

Honestly heath issues have cut my detecting to just above nil.  2019-20 i was learning the 800 and feeling good about my detecting.  But i never messed with tone pitch and all the sound capabilities except lowering iron volume.  Tried a few programs on user profile for deep silver.  Anyway the 800 is chugging along fine and until it dies or the new units are proven i'll be happy dirtsniffin with what i have.  Fun to see the progression but learned a lesson in 2018, salute to all you Buzz Lightyears 🥇

1 hour ago, dsb said:

Honestly heath issues have cut my detecting to just above nil.  2019-20 i was learning the 800 and feeling good about my detecting.  But i never messed with tone pitch and all the sound capabilities except lowering iron volume.  Tried a few programs on user profile for deep silver.  Anyway the 800 is chugging along fine and until it dies or the new units are proven i'll be happy dirtsniffin with what i have.  Fun to see the progression but learned a lesson in 2018, salute to all you Buzz Lightyears 🥇

Hope you get to feeling better soon.