What Is Expected In The Upcoming Update?

Skate

2 hours ago, parkgt said:

How many have written XP to ask about the status.  Showing interest/concern never hurts.

I have written them 3 times regarding specific issues. I got one very ambiguous response nearly 14 days after my email. The other two times there was no response. I don't think metal detector companies really care that much about the issues of the end user and I'm not saying that as a criticism but a reality. For most the reality is they release a new detector once every 2-4 years specific to an all around unit like the D2 (which was way longer than 2-4 years) and then after the initial sale the income from that buyer stops. Those of us that buy multiple coils, brand specific pinpointers etc., are the few I think. They don't invest in customer service because there is no immediate return on that investment.

No matter how mad you got at XP for their tone deaf customer service they know that all they need to do is come out with a new launch video in 3 years for the D37.9 and most of us will all line up to buy it regardless of any past experiences.

It's no different with Minelab, Garret or any other brand. These companies sell dreams, not reality.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Skate said:

I have written them 3 times regarding specific issues. I got one very ambiguous response nearly 14 days after my email. The other two times there was no response. I don't think metal detector companies really care that much about the issues of the end user and I'm not saying that as a criticism but a reality. For most the reality is they release a new detector once every 2-4 years specific to an all around unit like the D2 (which was way longer than 2-4 years) and then after the initial sale the income from that buyer stops. Those of us that buy multiple coils, brand specific pinpointers etc., are the few I think. They don't invest in customer service because there is no immediate return on that investment.

No matter how mad you got at XP for their tone deaf customer service they know that all they need to do is come out with a new launch video in 3 years for the D37.9 and most of us will all line up to buy it regardless of any past experiences.

It's no different with Minelab, Garret or any other brand. These companies sell dreams, not reality.  

I can not agree. Nokta is doing quite a good job when communicating with customers. They are implementing user demanded functions for at least last six months. Dilek also communicated very clearly what is going to change in next update and when is expected release date. They are light years ahead of XP and Minelab in PR(and I'm not a big fan of Nokta).

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Skate said:

Dang, that's encouraging! 😩

9 minutes ago, brys said:

Will they introduce a 2d mapping system to match the manticore I’d system ,it’s good to dream 😚 

The X/Y Profile screen is already a fairly good 2D screen for one target.  

• Like 3

On 1/4/2023 at 9:33 AM, Mirda said:

I can not agree. Nokta is doing quite a good job when communicating with customers. They are implementing user demanded functions for at least last six months. Dilek also communicated very clearly what is going to change in next update and when is expected release date. They are light years ahead of XP and Minelab in PR(and I'm not a big fan of Nokta).

From what I understand Nokta is great at talking with folks and it would seem to be the only one based on these forums. Minelab could be in the MD forum business just by the way they announce and then string folks along based on the sheer number of threads started.

My point about customer service is this. It's expensive to hire people who don't create or bring money in. Getting a free update out doesn't cost the end consumer anything but costs the team at XP a bunch which I understand. Unless I buy another coil from XP I have effectively ended (until something new comes out years later) my financial transactions with them. I'm glad they will eventually put out an update and I hope it increases my output but it costs me nothing to get it or wait for it. I'm like everyone else in that I want to see progress in the next version (separation in my soil) and a few more gold rings in the scoop. 

• Like 2

I’m fairly happy with the current update.

2=silver quarters, slug unknown caliber, round cuff button, 5= clad quarters,1= buffalo, 1= merc, 1= 925 Thailand, 1= Indian, 2= wheat,4= memorial.

Silver Slayer fast and Silver Slayer deep HC. SS fast ran quite at 99 sens. Deep HC chatty at 93 sens. Both 2 reactivity. 13 x 11 coil.

3DEC6D6D-B678-4F7D-B084-2AD7261D33B4.jpeg

• Like 5