Is The Garrett Axiom In Stock In The U.S. ?

HardPack

Noticed a few of the larger US retail outlets are now listing both versions of the Garrett Axiom as “in stock” while other retailers are still listing the detector as “pre-order”.  On the other hand, DP forum Axiom posts appear to have dropped off the radar along with YouTube uploads.  Have any consumers in the US actually received and used an Axiom? Or has consumer interest in the Axiom fell off the hype cliff.

The Garrett Axiom real competitor may not be Minelab PI Metal detectors but from the old White TDI models and their Garrett ATX.  From a TDI and ATX price point the Axiom price seems a bit too high. Check out the eBay listings for the used “out of production” White TDI Pro and TDI SL in $1,200 to $1,799 range; a used ATX is in the same price range with the new ATX from the $2,400 to $2,800 price range depending on options. What’s your opinion?

• The title was changed to Is The Garrett Axiom In Stock In The U.S. ?

There’s a market niche of present TDI & ATX owners Garrett may have over looked at $4000 with the current coil selection. I don’t have much use for the 13x11  DD or mono coil. I am not about to give up a proven on my ground to experiment unless Garrett wants to meet somewhere nearer to mid point. Garrett is in for the long haul carving a niche into Minelab turf. That’s just my opinion, the wallet usually follows my lead.

TDI's now sell for around $1000.00. I know, 'cause I just sold mine and have tracked the sales for the last few months. Just bought an Axiom and took it out for its initial shake-down voyage to the California desert. I do not regret this purchase.

-Jerry

20 hours ago, Pyriteboy said:

Just bought an Axiom and took it out for its initial shake-down voyage to the California desert. I do not regret this purchase.

Jerry, 

Hope you update us on your Axiom when you get the time. I am still undecided. If you have the 11x7 mono coil could you check the edge sensitivity with a nickel approximately 90 degrees out from the front tip and sides. Thanks