Fantastic Find Of Reales!

Posting for my good hunting friend in Mexico! 

Last week I went to a Hacienda that has been hunted many times by my friends and me. We occasionally have found some old 1/2 real coins and relics the place has lots of iron and modern trash.
So I decided to take a walk up the hill to have a better view of the land I continued metal detecting with my D2 in high conductor mode on top of the hill I got a splatter signal that register in a 80s signal thinking it was just another junk signal but decided to take a look at it.
 I made a small hole about 3" deep and found a 1/2 real coin but my pin Pointer was beeping all around the hole and I started to find coin after coin at that point I thought I was dreaming in slow motion. I found a stack of seven 8 Real coins nicely put vertically in the ground and more 1/2 real and 2 real coins splatted around the hole.
 There is one, a provisional  Zacatecas 8-Real coin and two coins that have a counter stamp to show the issuing authority from opposing forces. These in particular are VERY RARE! All in total: 25 Real coins!
 I started detecting with my father when I was 12 years old, over 40 years later I still love it!

Reals5 .JPG

Reals4.JPG

Reals1.JPG

Reals2.JPG

Reals 3.JPG

Wow! The find of a lifetime for many. Good on you for detecting outside the heavily hunted area. You never know where these types of coin dumps might be found. I bet there's more to be found nearby.....

Cheers

Craig

Major score Midalake, congratulations! I've made some of my best finds "taking a walk up there" 😀 but this one is a dream. Awesome lucky find for your friend. 👍 

What's the oldest one?

19 minutes ago, ECris said:

Wow. Great haul and on vacation too!! Congrats!!!

Well my hunting Bud is Van Rijn Stewart who is putting likes on here. I am not there yet....he would never take me to a spot this good! 🤣 [kidding]

Actually, it is hard for me to hunt with him. I am over 6 hours away at the beach. I don't have the proper equipment, boots, thorn guards, rattle snake protection......etc.  Maybe one day I can get out in the Mexican wilderness and do a little swinging. I would not mind a few Cobs and Reales. 

Even professional treasure hunters (the few that are left...) would be excited over this cache, I would think.  Does your friend have an hypothesis on how they got there?  Was it a traveller who lost his savings, a farmer/rancher hiding his, or ?? 

Just amazing in my book.  I'll only ever find something like that in my dreams.