Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Rough Start With A Great Ending, Buttons And Coins

Another nice hunt with some relics to boot.

Great saves and I know that you will be hitting it again with the NOX.

Good luck and stay safe out there.

• Thanks 1

Sometimes retreat is a better option. Maybe Kevlar overalls would be a good detecting accessory. ?

Great recoveries on the alternate site. Congrats on the buttons, silver, V-nickels, and relics! There ya go raising the bar again! ?

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Sometimes retreat is a better option. Maybe Kevlar overalls would be a good detecting accessory. ?

Great recoveries on the alternate site. Congrats on the buttons, silver, V-nickels, and relics! There ya go raising the bar again! ?

Thanks!

That was a really tough spot, I felt kinda guilty using Silver Slayer, but I knew there were a lot of coins there masked by junk. One coin was in with two large pieces of iron, all it "saw" was the coin. I think it was one of the nickels. Many other digs had multiple targets, but I usually knew where the one I wanted was.

The best part was standing under those power lines, no other program or noise cancel could stop the chatter, it was intense. SS slayed the EMI too! ?

I'm thinking now of using it where Chase found the dime, that's another brutal area. Also have one in front of my house. I found I could really trust it.

You're going to dig some of the usual falsing suspects, it's going to be whole beer cans and bottle caps and stuff ? But, if there are coins it will find them. 2/3 of a dime is pretty small.

There is a trick to the more difficult stuff like coins on edge, you get a higher pitched "blip". Gotta dig them if it's repeatable and gives you an ID.

• Like 2