Why Pay More For A Metal Detector With Better Id?

Got it, thanks again Steve!

The only question left then is do we wait for th 3040 / 4040 ? :rolleyes:

And why would you still use a Garrett ATX at the beach :cool:

Cheers!

7 hours ago, Zampano said:

And why would you still use a Garrett ATX at the beach :cool:

Depth. The ATX as a ground balancing PI easily outperforms VLF detectors on mineralized beaches, which is almost anything on the west coast. If trash levels allow I do believe in digging everything so I consider the ATX to be my primary water detector with CTX reserved for times when I do want to have some discrimination.

Waiting for detectors that do not exist can be a game of years. I am taking the fact that Minelab just refreshed the CTX with an improved battery seal and locking armrest (as on the GPZ 7000) to be a sign there will be nothing else for awhile. I always have to toss in the caveat however that I could be totally wrong.

• Like 2

You are a big help, Steve. Thanks again.

Only asking because I saw people with CTX in coastal water and they seemed to be quite happy with the performance.

Concerning the too long waiting for a CTX 3040 / 4040 I fully agree. Still I would not expect it to take that long for two reasons: a) the two European competitors will further expand both VL range and possibilities very soon and b) that irritating battery seal needed to be solved (quicker) anyway if a manufacturer cares about reputation and brand in a quite transparent global community... Frankly, this subject made me think more about Minelab quality and facing guarantee issues here in Europe than anything else so far. Good customer responsiveness would do good for the brand anyhow, if you compare the Minelab image (outside AUS) against eg. Nokta / Makro. I have no solid proof that they are better but they (Dilek) definitely do a better job in communicating, as you will be aware. Perception = Reality = Image.

Back to the 3030: If Minelab only updated processor-speed and screen resolution I would go for it. But it just doesn't feel good to buy electronic gear that was launched 2012 and remained technically unchanged. Most of the people I'm talking with think alike; so let's wait and see...

For the meantime I'll have a new start with the Makro Gold Racer up in the mountains. If you hear something jodeling, it's possibly me ?

Cheers!

On 20.6.2016 at 3:04 AM, vanursepaul said:

Oh my Lord................

---- Am I starting to think I would like to try out a 3030 :blush:.....

Noooooooo... Make the voices quit !!!!!!

Too late – I can hear it too :rolleyes:

• Like 1