A Lot Of Equinox 900's For Sale

Tom B

Hey Guys,

I am looking at the higher end detectors that are on the market and noticed that a lot of Nox 900's are popping up for sale. Are these good machines, seems like people are not keeping them very long. What say you

I am seeing the same thing Tom, I wonder if most of these people are coming from other brands that are not as sparky as the Equinox Series. I don't have a 900, but from memory when the 800 was released I do recall a similar pattern.

17 hours ago, Tom B said:

I am looking at the higher end detectors that are on the market and noticed that a lot of Nox 900's are popping up for sale

If you are not going to submerge the control pod, then a used Equinox 800 cannot be beat! You will have enough money to buy every coil size you want from the savings! 

Not to bash anyone but these "gee, I'm seeing a lot of a certain detector for sale" posts show up every time a new detector comes out.  These sales mean nothing.  Lots of guys buy new detectors, try them and then sell them right away.  These are the same guys that squeeze chocolates in a box to see what is in them and then put them back.

Tom, The 900 is a good machine almost but not like the 800. I bought one for the 3 piece shaft and was about to hate it until I realized it needed some tweaking on the programs. Once I got away from the 800 mindset I find it to be a killer for gold rings. it limits the amount of trash you will dig because of the expanded numbers. If your hunting for coins and like tones you will have to play with it to break off of pennies. Test, Test, Test, The 900 hundred is really good with the coiltek 10x5. I pretty much run my 900 with the coiltek and the 800 with the 6 inch. The Manticore in my opinion is over priced and in dirt preforms the same as cheaper machines. Do not get lost in all the hype of whats the best. You will do well with a 800 or a 900.

Well, I caved in and bought a new in the box Nox 900. I unboxed it, charged it, and have been watching videos and playing with it.

It is very well made and packed with features, plus lite weight. I was very impressed with how stable it was, setting on the dining room table, doing some air test, hardly any chatter.

I think I am going to like it, let the hunting begin.

On 4/12/2023 at 7:59 PM, basstrackerman said:

Well everyone that wanted the manticore got tired of waiting so they bought the equinox and figured once the manticore became available then sell one to buy the other. 

Great answer and one that I agree with too. Also......

Being a die hard Nox 800 user it has been hard for me to really get into the 900 I own. Deus 2 and the Legend were an easy transition from my 800. That is how different the 900 is from the 800. Most of the difference for me has been the expanded target ID range and what seems like some target ID instability. I will get use to it eventually. 

No doubt, the 900 is quite the detector.

Some other 800 owners may be finding the 900 to be oddly difficult to deal with too.

14 hours ago, dogodog said:

The Manticore in my opinion is over priced and in dirt preforms the same as cheaper machines. Do not get lost in all the hype of whats the best. You will do well with a 800 or a 900.

Do you own  M Core? Which cheaper machines perform the "same" in your experience? Inquiring minds want to know? 🙂

strick