Deus 2 Update V1.0 Released

Sandheron

6 hours ago, ☠ Cipher said:

I’m hoping they won’t start charging for future updates, particularly if periodically. My heart skipped a beat when I saw they were emphasizing that this was free. Of course it is, I thought, they’ve always been and for every manufacturer and undateable platform…unless…it won’t always be the case. I would hate to have to pay more than I already have, $1600 plus accessories, for what I anticipated from purchase would be an evolutionary platform. I think if they started charging for future updates I’d say goodbye to the platform. 

Id be willing to pay if we got quality updates more frequently.

I managed to get the puck at v1 but not the fones yet, I have a v71 puck as well,which I want to keep using until the dust settles so not updating fones at the moment 

I can use the v1 puck in the plug in headband for audio as needed

13 hours ago, ☠ Cipher said:

I’m hoping they won’t start charging for future updates, particularly if periodically. My heart skipped a beat when I saw they were emphasizing that this was free. Of course it is, I thought, they’ve always been and for every manufacturer and undateable platform…unless…it won’t always be the case. I would hate to have to pay more than I already have, $1600 plus accessories, for what I anticipated from purchase would be an evolutionary platform. I think if they started charging for future updates I’d say goodbye to the platform. 

I also saw that “FREE” was emphasized and was thinking the same; that they may start charging for them in the future.  Maybe they’ll have different updates that are specific to different types of hunting and you’ll be able to pick and choose.  

On 5/16/2023 at 8:23 AM, Dan(NM) said:

I'm having an issue with remote and WS6 not pairing after updating both of them. Not sure what to do at this point. The remote and WS6 have paired to the coil, just not each other. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Don’t feel bad, I did the exact same thing last night when I updated.  I’m so unfamiliar with using the ws6 puck as anything but headphones, that it took me a few tries to figure out how to turn it off!  Lol!  I got it paired on my second attempt though so everything’s good.  

For that amount of money, the update should be free. Period. Or you should get a 100% ready and working product so you can pay for new features. I understand it that way.

I got out for about an hour to try the update yesterday. I had it set up in General capped at 14kHz, Full Tones, default disc with no notch. Volume turned down on unwanted target ranges. Regular Square audio with the new Audio Filter set at 2.

First impressions: I still don't like Full Tones. To me, running FT in any program other than Sensitive FT or Fast just sounds muddy to my ears. Especially on the lower weighted programs. For me and the type of hunting I do, Pitch is where it's at. It's just a lot cleaner IMHO.

Another thing I noticed is that no matter where I set the Audio Filter, I can't seem to get the same zippy sound on deep targets and snappy sound on shallow ones. Maybe this is all in my head but it seems like it's all or nothing now. With a setting of 0-2, the audio tone just seems more clipped than what it was on 0.71. On a higher setting, it sounds zippy even on shallow targets. Again, maybe this is all in my head. I've only spent an hour using it, so I need to put more time on it.

I like having the ability to cap the max frequency on programs. I can see where this will be useful in certain situations. The Offset FT feature should also be useful for those who like running full tones wide open. Should help make those low conductors jump out at you more, instead of blending with the iron. 

Spent a few minutes using High Square audio. No opinion on that yet.

3 hours ago, Rattlehead said:

I got out for about an hour to try the update yesterday. I had it set up in General capped at 14kHz, Full Tones, default disc with no notch. Volume turned down on unwanted target ranges. Regular Square audio with the new Audio Filter set at 2.

First impressions: I still don't like Full Tones. To me, running FT in any program other than Sensitive FT or Fast just sounds muddy to my ears. Especially on the lower weighted programs. For me and the type of hunting I do, Pitch is where it's at. It's just a lot cleaner IMHO.

Another thing I noticed is that no matter where I set the Audio Filter, I can't seem to get the same zippy sound on deep targets and snappy sound on shallow ones. Maybe this is all in my head but it seems like it's all or nothing now. With a setting of 0-2, the audio tone just seems more clipped than what it was on 0.71. On a higher setting, it sounds zippy even on shallow targets. Again, maybe this is all in my head. I've only spent an hour using it, so I need to put more time on it.

I like having the ability to cap the max frequency on programs. I can see where this will be useful in certain situations. The Offset FT feature should also be useful for those who like running full tones wide open. Should help make those low conductors jump out at you more, instead of blending with the iron. 

Spent a few minutes using High Square audio. No opinion on that yet.

I also didn't notice a big change with Square audio in Full Tones, but try the High Square in Full tones. I really like High Sqr in Pitch and Full tones. It Pitch & Full sound very snappy and similar except Full Tones allows you to hear conductivity & size. I haven't noticed a big difference in depth between Pitch and Full Tones yet but I haven't made it out to a relic site yet. I've got a lot more experimenting to do, but I think High Sqr is going to be my new goto audio.

I don't use the Audio Filter. It rounds off the spikes too much for my taste. I think it was made to take some of the bitey edge off of PWM, but I like the snappy sounds of Pitch & Full tones with High Sqr, and also PWM, so I don't need it rounded off.

I'm using the default 5 setting on the Offset in Full Tones and it seems to be just right, so I haven't experimented  with that yet.

That's my limited view so far. 😉

12 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

I also didn't notice a big change with Square audio in Full Tones, but try the High Square in Full tones. I really like High Sqr in Pitch and Full tones. It makes them sound very snappy and similar except Full Tones allows you to hear conductivity & size. I have'nt noticed a big difference in depth between Pitch and Full Tones yet but I haven't made it out to a relic site yet. I've got a lot more experimenting to do, but I think High Sqr is going to be my new goto audio.

I don't use the Audio Filter. It rounds off the spikes too much for my taste. I think it was made to take some of the bitey edge off of PWM, but I like the snappy sounds of Pitch & Full tones with High Sqr, and also PWM, so I don't need it rounded off.

I'm using the default 5 setting on the Offset in Full Tones and it seems to be just right, so I haven't experimented  with that yet.

That's my limited view so far. 😉

I will put some more hours on it this weekend and give Full Tones another look with High Square. I've been using Pitch for so long that anything else just sounds foreign to me. Could take some time for me to warm up to it again. Back when I had a Deus 1, I used Full Tones almost exclusively. Go figure. 

Iron falsing is the point... and iron performance and how good will be the new audio for deep targets...

Have to test machine on the ground and have to see how it performs on hot and mild soils. I’m a XP lover but anyway I’d rather not pay for updates in the next future because I’ve (we’ ve) already spent a large amount to purchase D2.