Ver 1.0, 1.1, 2.0 Update Consolidated Information - Post Your Unbiased Impressions And Observations Here

9 hours ago, midalake said:

What about the gold in this range?

As a pure beach hunter, myself. If the Deus update would put all iron falsing 90-99 I would consider this the biggest gift EVER! 
This would mean I could confidently pass iron and retrieve almost all gold targets. Not trying to be critical here but 40 silver coins that come out of the ocean is not worth squat. There is no collector value of silver out of salt water. One gold ring removal would crush what 40 silver coins are worth. 

I would seriously notch out this "new" iron range and concentrate on lower numbers. Am curious to see what other beach hunters are seeing for iron falsing.  

The thing is, i enjoy finding old coins. Im not just a ring hunter, i really like old relics and coins. I dont sell any of my rings, i dont care about the money, i just love the history, the challenge and being outdoors.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been struggling to find detecting time so I haven’t felt the need to update from .71 - am I missing anything awesome?  I remember reading you can use chrome and I have a Chromebook laptop, am I correct that I can update using that?  And you have to email XP in order to log in?  Sorry guys, I’m a little behind. 

18 hours ago, relicmeister said:

I have been struggling to find detecting time so I haven’t felt the need to update from .71 - am I missing anything awesome?  I remember reading you can use chrome and I have a Chromebook laptop, am I correct that I can update using that?  And you have to email XP in order to log in?  Sorry guys, I’m a little behind. 

Yes, Chrome and your Chromebook should work. XP set up their own server to do the V1.0 & V1.1 updates, so you'll have to go to the XP website. This link will show you everything you need to know about the new features and how to up date. Note: you will need to create a new log-in ID on their site and then do the update.

https://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/en/ba/the-blog/deus-ii-v1-0-update-instructions.php

On 6/27/2023 at 6:02 PM, relicmeister said:

If you take the time to read the first post of this thread it includes detailed information on the new features and bug fixes provided by the update and includes the link CPT_GhostLight re-posted above that provides the instructions on how to install the update.  Please start there, and then if you have further questions, post them.

Thanks Chase, thanks ghostlight. 
I’ll check it out. I’m not a big watcher of MD videos but I’ve been watching The Scottish Detectorist (who By the way uses a Deus 2) and I’m ready to pack up my belongings and move to the land of my grandparents, great aunts and uncles. Well, maybe 🤔 I’ll just go for a week or two. I will hit full retirement age this October- and even though I’m not retiring for another 10 years ( assuming my good health continues) I intend to actually use my bloody vacation time for actual vacations, lol

• The title was changed to Ver 1.0, 1.1, 2.0 Update Consolidated Information - Post Your Unbiased Impressions And Observations Here
  • The topic was pinned
  • 3 months later...

My last time using the D2 was with the .71 version.  I liked it then but ended up letting the unit go.  I hadn't even followed any of the updates or anything...been busy with other hobbies.  For some reason though, I decided to give the D2 another try.  In doing so I saw they were up to version 2.0 now.  I have used it only a few times but I can already tell...this thing isn't going anywhere.  Pretty significant improvements from .71 to 2.0 IMO.   It runs really well and smooth and I just like it. Everything about it.  I'm actually getting ready to price all my other detectors now and just keep this one. 

11 minutes ago, Daniel Tn said:

My last time using the D2 was with the .71 version.  I liked it then but ended up letting the unit go.  I hadn't even followed any of the updates or anything...been busy with other hobbies.  For some reason though, I decided to give the D2 another try.  In doing so I saw they were up to version 2.0 now.  I have used it only a few times but I can already tell...this thing isn't going anywhere.  Pretty significant improvements from .71 to 2.0 IMO.   It runs really well and smooth and I just like it. Everything about it.  I'm actually getting ready to price all my other detectors now and just keep this one. 

Wow Daniel, that's a bold move and statement. I ended up buying a second RC so I won't miss out if one goes bad. 🤪

I usually have faith in updates and have been on 2.0 for a while now, it really did make a big improvement.

Glad you didn't give up on the D2 but keep something on hand... 🤔

I've been using Version 1.1 since it came out and figured last night it was high time to go to V 2.0. The controller updated no problem. Piece of cake. Next up was the WSA IIs. I followed all the steps, hit the update button and it deletes the old software then freezes up on the upload. Tried it several more times including different USB ports, no luck. Now I can't even shut off the WSA IIs. OK, next up is the WS6. Same thing happens. It erases the old software but won't install the new software. Now the WS6 is also stuck in the update mode and won't turn off. I mumble a few choice words and decide to deal with it in the morning.

This morning both the WSA and the WS6 are still powered on from last night. I plug the WSA IIs into the my laptop, hit Update and boom....perfect. Plug in the WS6, hit Update and boom.....perfect. I guess the server in France just needed a good night's sleep. 🤔

Has anyone noticed any depth loss with 2.0 compared with previous versions?

1 minute ago, Mark T said:

Has anyone noticed any depth loss with 2.0 compared with previous versions?

Absolutely not. 🙂