Minelab Gpx 5000

Hello friends.  I need your help.  I want to buy a detector that will give me a 100 percent result.  I'm thinking of buying a minelab gpx 5000. It's expensive, but it's better if a person pays that amount and gets good results and enjoys the search.  I need your help which detector to buy.  I want to search for gold in the mountains by the rivers near the rocks.  Gold is mined in my homeland.  And not only gold, I want to search for coins, relics and jewelry.  And of course, on valuable things and old things.  But I want to find more gold.  So help me which detector to buy.  My opinion is minelab gpx 5000. I made a choice about it and what do you say?  Thank you all in advance.

The 5000 is an excellent detector as are many other detectors available and you will get many good opinions here, you want to find gold and hunt for coins, jewelry and hunt relics the 5000 will do that of course as will as other detectors. If you could tell us a little more about you and your situation, general areas you want to hunt, your experience using a detector and do you have locations in mind you plan to hunt and the type of gold people are finding you will get information more specific to your needs, also your budget how much is your limit and do you have local dealers for support and training. Have you thought about two detectors the types of items you want to hunt for are different and different detectors work better than others in different situations. Good luck in your endeavors.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If your main objective is nugget gold, then a PI detector will serve you well, and the gpx 5000 is a great detector for finding gold. There is a learning curve on how to use it, however, so keep reading the manual and the forum guides. There are more recent detectors that have less of a learning curve perhaps, and find smaller gold, but they are much more expensive. Be sure to check your detector is an authentic gpx 5000 by checking the serial number on the minelab website.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, giorgi said:

Hello friends.  I need your help.  I want to buy a detector that will give me a 100 percent result.  I'm thinking of buying a minelab gpx 5000. It's expensive, but it's better if a person pays that amount and gets good results and enjoys the search.  I need your help which detector to buy.  I want to search for gold in the mountains by the rivers near the rocks.  Gold is mined in my homeland.  And not only gold, I want to search for coins, relics and jewelry.  And of course, on valuable things and old things.  But I want to find more gold.  So help me which detector to buy.  My opinion is minelab gpx 5000. I made a choice about it and what do you say?  Thank you all in advance.

Welcome Giorgi!

The two posts above are correct, but if you are going for a lot of different types of targets and want good junk iron discrimination, a multi-frequency VLF detector like a Equinox 800 or 900 would be very useful, especially around rivers, in the water, and elsewhere for relics and coins - at least to start out with. The 5000 has a lot of different settings and is not as easy to use and they are expensive to start out with. 

Good hunting!

• Like 2

The 5000 is a great detector especially for gold however it has rudimentary discrimination features compared to detectors like the Equinox mentioned above, it's mostly a dig it all detector so you'll need to dig just about every target, no issue with gold nuggets as that's just what you have to do nugget hunting but if you're chasing coins and jewellery as well then the 5000 may not be the best choice as you generally don't want to dig everything in places where these can be found so having some discrimination can be a very nice thing to have. 

Ideally a GPX 5000 and Equinox or even the much cheaper Nokta Legend to replace the Equinox would be a good combination.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

what the speakers wrote to you is very correct and based on reality.

I'll give you my opinion, I don't know if it's correct but it's what I think, the 5k is a great machine but you should spend a lot of time with it and equip it with the right coils for each use. The targets you will spot with the 5k is a dream for any vlf, personally I have sold all vlf's and am 100% committed to the 5k so my ears are only tuned to the sound of this machine.

if you manage to become one with the gpx then your ears will pick up magnetic iron and noble metals with a high success rate.

if you have appetite and passion to learn this machine then by all means buy it, if you buy it and get disappointed then you are not really ready for this machine.

IMG_20230606_111504_428.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thanks people thank you very much.   Thanks for the advice everyone.  But one person in the comments rightly pointed it out.  I don't want that detector just to look for gold.  I want to search the land for relics and coins too.  And a jeweler too.  That's why it will be useful to buy a detector for coins, relics and jewelers.  That is, to search for everything, but I need more shares to search for gold.

We all want that, the holy grail is a PI machine like the GPX combined with the Equinox with it's target ID's and discrimination properties.  Sadly no such detector exists.... hopefully one day.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Are you saying that gpx 5000 can't find relic coins and jewelers??  I know how to search for coins, but also for gold, relics, and jewelers, you want to say that?  One person mentioned in the comment above that he will do everything for 5000 ulroblemod.  I did not understand anything.