Well that's looks like a great haul, a beautiful place, and an awesome week camping, well done indeed! I pity whoever stays there next and tries to detect there, they'll never go back. 😉

Wow Emoji-100.jpg

5 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Well that's looks like a great haul, a beautiful place, and an awesome week camping, well done indeed! I pity whoever stays there next and tries to detect there, they'll never go back. 😉

Wow Emoji-100.jpg

Thanks Cap'n,

I pitied myself the first couple days but then hunted smarter. Also grid searched the tent areas that were empty because of the bear, they were telling people about it. Tent areas are closer to the dumpsters where the bear visited nightly.

The other surprise was the place I got a lot of coins last year, just kept hitting more. Something was happening in that spot where a lot of money was dropped. Looking at the old aerials shows nothing in particular.

Could be that V1.1 is far superior to V.71 too. Even with the 13" i was able to pluck coins out of trashy areas.

Nice spread !  (I'm still working on mine..👍.)

You can never have enough of those "WallyBuck" flashlights ! I spread them around the rig so I can always find at least one ! 

And Dassa lotta quahtahs  ooooie ! Your campground must be more high end than this one...I'm on zinc overload but I DID get something very different digging a zinc ID# so there'll be more ! 

I'm digging any # that is clear and even some bouncy ones . I offered to return any old relics I find so not much disc. (only a F2 of 2  and basically stock park1) 

I've developed the habit of swinging the detector over the area I can reach from on the ground after I finish "putting my holes back together" . (I frequently get another target and I just saved having to get up and right back down again....plus the tools are already out😜

I frequently found my knee pads around my thighs (after I kneeled down of course)I now clip a gardener pad to my mini spade handle with a giant carabiner..never need them both at the same time. Most of the time I use my Hori or the pry bar /tack puller but that shovel makes a great cane to get my old butt back up standing.  arrrrgh !

I told the grounds guy I'd give him a buck a hole if he could find them. So far zero $ . Not sure if he's lookin' though !🤔 (I asked the lawn mower lady if she ever saw any and got a smiling "negatory" )  If he ever does find any, I'm paying him with his own zincolns !😉

Hint. I dig irregular holes ,,, IMO people only look for round ones ! And carry some local sourced "camo"...for the tough ones. 

And now , a Public Service Announcement .

"Red can" tick repellent spray is gooooooooood !

6 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Nice spread !  (I'm still working on mine..👍.)

You can never have enough of those "WallyBuck" flashlights ! I spread them around the rig so I can always find at least one ! 

And Dassa lotta quahtahs  ooooie ! Your campground must be more high end than this one...I'm on zinc overload but I DID get something very different digging a zinc ID# so there'll be more ! 

I'm digging any # that is clear and even some bouncy ones . I offered to return any old relics I find so not much disc. (only a F2 of 2  and basically stock park1) 

I've developed the habit of swinging the detector over the area I can reach from on the ground after I finish "putting my holes back together" . (I frequently get another target and I just saved having to get up and right back down again....plus the tools are already out😜

I frequently found my knee pads around my thighs (after I kneeled down of course)I now clip a gardener pad to my mini spade handle with a giant carabiner..never need them both at the same time. Most of the time I use my Hori or the pry bar /tack puller but that shovel makes a great cane to get my old butt back up standing.  arrrrgh !

I told the grounds guy I'd give him a buck a hole if he could find them. So far zero $ . Not sure if he's lookin' though !🤔 (I asked the lawn mower lady if she ever saw any and got a smiling "negatory" )  If he ever does find any, I'm paying him with his own zincolns !😉

Hint. I dig irregular holes ,,, IMO people only look for round ones ! And carry some local sourced "camo"...for the tough ones. 

And now , a Public Service Announcement .

"Red can" tick repellent spray is gooooooooood !

That's a heckuva story RVP, Thanks.

I'll have to check that tick spray out. Best way to get around em is not expose yourself, but we can't hide in caves. 😀 Probably get them in there too. 🤔

Do you cross the knee pad straps? Initially I didn't, but now that I do they never slip. Top to bottom and bottom to top. Makes an "X" that keeps them in place.

I use the more powerful LED lights, Thrunite, Nitecore and others. They're all over the house. 😀 Need a bright one here for those nighttime stalkers. 😬

I dig round-ish holes and brush the local "camo" over the plug when replaced. Only off center holes are a problem, but I do my best to mask them.

I used Hawaiian Tropic 70 sunscreen at the campground, the deer flies didn't like it much, and I smelled like a coconut instead of a vile oily rag.

Ticks are the main reason I like beaches so much...but  I yam where I yam ,  now.

I got some of the permethrin for my fatigues but need to get a respirator and maybe a tyvec coverall ? after reading the instructions ! But it's safe after it dries !! 🙃

A guy I know here in town just a few miles from me got some exotic sounding disease (not lyme) from one of the tiny ones   ,  Well , he didn't make it 😵 ,,, seriously !  So I'm kinda being extra careful . 

For the skeeters , black flies , deer flies , green heads , moose flies , and no seeums (which for some reason are minimal to non existant so far??)  I owe my blood supply to Green Can Max40% deet. or Deep Woods Off 25% before Repel as the only hope since I can remember uptah camp.  Also carry some Benadryl Gel cuz the ones that do get me , make me look like a toad  I swell up so much (no offense Toad)  !😏  The  Repel red can is new in the kit since the ticks got way worse.  Bad side of milder winters....

I tried the cross the straps trick but it wasn't working (skinny legs?) so I got another pad. Some day I'll try some of those "knight's armour" ones !    I may get 🍀  

I have the super bright lights too (even blacklight versions.) but most of the time they are overkill and way too bright !  (like lose your night vision ability for 10 minutes bright .. which has it's place but not all the time.) Probably could cause floaters ? 👁️‍🗨️

"WallyBuck" lights usually get the job done and if I lose one , no biggie !