Anybody Seeing Depth Issues With The Manticore Update?

2 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Do you mean 'Andrew' = 'Andy' = abenson?

Yup, whoops, just woke up. 🙂

1 minute ago, abenson said:

I'm going to put a video up to show what's going on.

Just put the video up, you won't hurt Minelab's feelings, they don't have any 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh my! 1

Just saw a youtube vid from TNS saying you can go back to older versions.

Plug your manticore into your computer, open the update tool, and in the bottom right corner of the update tool screen are three dots.  Click those and you can get to the other version!

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Yatahaze323 said:

Plug your manticore into your computer, open the update tool, and in the bottom right corner of the update tool screen are three dots.  Click those and you can get to the other version!

Oh nice! Thanks for that. Wonder why Minelab couldn't just tell me that on the phone?

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, abenson said:

Oh nice! Thanks for that. Wonder why Minelab couldn't just tell me that on the phone?

Keep us updated when you've flashed back if your detector comes right, very interested in this as it's such a weird thing. 

I guess Minelab USA being just middle men didn't know, that's why it's best to speak to service@minelab.com.au for stuff, they know what they're talking about.

I don't know how we all missed the dots 🙂

Yourdeviceisuptodate.thumb.gif.502e14c1161825a34f2e92b7dff5b6f2.gif

The ML105 have the same dots for it.

ML105Yourdeviceisuptodate.thumb.gif.4e00ad368ce402b8138eb335e1fcb9ce.gif

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Yatahaze323 said:

OK, retraction #1 by me if this can be confirmed.  (Update:  Appears Simon has confirmed.)  Once I'm confident I can get back to where I started, I'll upload and do some testing.  My baseline is the Equinox 800 which I know rather well in my soils.  I can at least say if the Manticore's performance with the update, relative to the 800, has changed (and of course if so, in which direction) in my moderately mineralized test bed.

I await hearing more about the update itself and if Andrew's experience is due (simply) to some kind of (rare) anomaly as opposed to a blanket effect of the update.

People sometimes get chastised for not updating to the latest software but it's these kind of inexcusable oversights (again, if that's what we are actually seeing) that makes some of us wary.  Squeeky wheel tends to get the grease and we've seen a fair amount of squeeking regarding iron handling and VDI stability when running the original software.

I had the Manticore out yesterday for a short 2 hour search in a well-hunted (by me) park.  Maybe partly influenced by the horror story I read here, but I was rather pleased how it was performing with the origninal software.  It's the typical incremental comfort that I experienced with the Equinox 800 five years ago.  The more hands-on hours I gain, the more subtlties (and I do mean 'subltle') that I seem to pick up.  Long way to go yet, just like with the 800.  However, with the 800 the updates did help me and I hope that will be the case with the Manticore.  Never take away; just add, PLEASE!

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

People sometimes get chastised for not updating to the latest software but it's these kind of inexcusable oversights (again, if that's what we are actually seeing) that makes some of us wary. 

All of the most update averse people I know are software engineers.

- Dave

• Oh my! 1

OK went back to the previous version on the Manticore and it's a night and day difference in performance. Got too much going on tonight to try and upload the latest version again and see how it really works. But now at least I know I can get back to a previous version.

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, abenson said:

OK went back to the previous version on the Manticore and it's a night and day difference in performance. Got too much going on tonight to try and upload the latest version again and see how it really works. But now at least I know I can get back to a previous version.

nice one! is there a new installer app?