First Hunt With Manticore Update

I headed back to the old school yard this afternoon where I had found 8 silvers there on two trips this year  before today. I got 4 more bringing my total there to 12. This was my first hunt with the Manticore update. This ground is really mild. Not a lot of surface trash, and while you here a lot of iron grunts it's not much of a nuisance. As far as the update goes from what I could tell the detector seemed more stable. For whatever reason I had to check less falsing iron. I did not have the Stabilizer turned on. I run a pretty simple setup. Ferrous limits 8 high, 3 low. 5 tones with the bins setup to be louder on nickels and silver. AT-HC with sensitivity 23-24, and Recovery on 4. The ground was pretty dry so I tried to limit my digging. I dug no nickel signals. I only dug one Wheat cent because it was right next to one of the Mercs. I posted some photos of the quarter depths, but the Merc without the hole in it was about as deep. These were no brainer solid dig me tones and I.D.'s Silver in this mild ground rings higher. Even the worn almost slick Barber quarter rang up 88-90. The Washington rang up 90-92. I'm pretty sure there is more there. These deep signals have a rather tight field of detection, and quite enough you just about need to swing right over them to avoid passing them up. So after today I'm up to 32 silver coins for the year. All with the Manticore.

20230624_172150.jpg

20230624_145339.jpg

20230624_172219.jpg

20230624_155029.jpg

20230624_151302.jpg

20230624_145208.jpg

20230624_193921.jpg

You did very well longbow.I have seen a few Mercs that were laid on the train tracks but never a holed one before.That's a bit unusual but cool find. The Manticore is looking to be a very effective coin hunter.

Very nice finds and it looks like it hits silver very hard like the 800 does.

Good luck on your next hunt and stay safe out there.

17 hours ago, longbow62 said:

This ground is really mild.

This seems to be a common theme for the Manticore since day 1 (actually maybe even before that -- going back to the September European Tour?).  Tom Dankowski who seems to hunt almost exclusively in beach sand (aka Florida Peninsula), and I can't fault him for that -- it's where he lives afterall, reported great performance early on.  Many posts here from beach hunters in general and dry land Floridians have indicated they've been impressed.

Good to hear serious reports like yours.  We need more, including (from my selfish viewpoint) more from difficult soils.  Andrew (abenson) has me concerned enough to not join in until ML provides us a way to back out of the update.

Nice hunt. Manticore sounding better with the update.