Garrett Warranty Increased From Two To Three Years

It’s great customer service for Garrett to increase their warranty to 3 years. Those of us who have Garrett products two years old will benefit from this change in policy. 
Now if they could just polish up the code in the Ace Apex and release it as an update, and release an SMF replacement for the AT series…..

Thanks, Garrett!  

18 hours ago, midalake said:

Garrett. Their line-up makes me sleepy. 

What in the heck doesn't make you sleepy or yawn?  I don't think I have ever saw you post something in a positive light in regards to an announcement.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Daniel Tn said:

What in the heck doesn't make you sleepy or yawn?  I don't think I have ever saw you post something in a positive light in regards to an announcement.  

Could be? Guess I am not one to fall for company hype.  I am one of those "show me" kind of people.  

I was impressed by the release of the Ace Apex with its sleeker design CB, SMF, wireless headphones, large display and rechargeable LiPo battery. The firmware could use a little polishing, but the design is solid and I still do enjoy using it, despite owning and using a D2. 

I noticed on a distributor site that the Ace 200 may be EOL, so maybe something is forthcoming from Garrett, aside from camo dipping select models. 

Garrett should EOL all the Ace x00 units and AT variants, use the mechanicals of the Apex and spawn a lower cost Ace xxx locked at one frequency, say 10KHz, (ala Exterra Pro) and provide an SMF beach mode so it’s competent on the wet salt sand. Polish the firmware of the Ace Apex to make it a little more adjustable and capable performer, then expand its settings along with a larger CB/screen to form a new AT(Apex).  They would then have an impressive lineup of detectors. 

16 hours ago, midalake said:

Could be? Guess I am not one to fall for company hype.  I am one of those "show me" kind of people.  

How does increasing their warranty to customers, get viewed as hype? Seems like that's an actual thing that the customers are now getting.  Garrett is probably the least advertising hyped up company out there.

• Like 1