Manticore Vs Excalibur II Deep

On 7/22/2023 at 10:04 AM, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

I agree, the excalibur in Disc mode with the stock yellows..very weak machine. Excal is much stronger in All metal but you really need a better set of head phones and the PP to disc / toggle or switch to take full advantage of what it can do. 

If you're digging coins that deep with the Manitcore..  there, my excaliburs are Hot on coins but not 18 inches unless it is a half dollar and that is a faint signal. Quarters are in the 14 to 16 inch range with the stock coil (here in the water). Nickels at 14. 

It would be great if the manitcore was deeper here in the water. I need depth since everything here is so deep, and deep with discriminate..I would love that!

New equinox is much deeper in the new depth setting vs tones just like the excals are in all metal vs disc. Its a huge difference between the 600/800 vs the 700/900 on the beach at least. Manticore has a mode like that too. Im not sure a lot of people prefer that to tones though...at least I don't see it mentioned a lot on the forums. Not sure why. 

• Like 1