Found A Gold Chain And Tiffany Ring...

on a recent hunt. However, both are stamped ".925"! That is what I expected on the ring but I was sure that the chain was going to be 14k. It is well made with a soldered ring on the clasp and is also stamped "Italy". At 10 grams 14k would have been about $350 in melt . Oh well, at least the Tiffany ring is real. 😄

IMG_20230802_130616__01.jpg

Both nice finds. Usually if the chain is .925 but is gold in color it would say something else like 1/20 14 K  .925. Make sure there are no other markings on it somewhere else. Nice looking finds.

3 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Both nice finds. Usually if the chain is .925 but is gold in color it would say something else like 1/20 14 K  .925. Make sure there are no other markings on it somewhere else. Nice looking finds.

Thanks SchoolofhardNox, I've added a couple of close ups of the markings. I didn't read the markings until I was back in my car so, at least, I got to carry it in my pouch for a couple of hours thinking that I had found gold. 

IMG_20230802_161714.jpg

IMG_20230802_161755.jpg

41 minutes ago, Compass said:

got to carry it in my pouch for a couple of hours thinking that I had found gold. 

Been doing this a long time and never found a silver chain that was gold colored.  Just make sure you acid test it before sending it down the road.
I just got done acid testing about 35 unmarked pieces I suspected might be gold. Over half were, but this is common for Mexico. 

Any scrapes on the chain to show if it was plated? Never know if they put the wrong clasp on or not.

Also toss it under your detector and see if it chimes in under a us nickel or up near coppers.

925 is a purity mark.

16 hours ago, Compass said:

Thanks SchoolofhardNox, I've added a couple of close ups of the markings. I didn't read the markings until I was back in my car so, at least, I got to carry it in my pouch for a couple of hours thinking that I had found gold. 

IMG_20230802_161714.jpg

IMG_20230802_161755.jpg

Looking at that clasp, I can see why it was lost. Nice finds Compass.

55 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Both are great finds, Compass, well done!

Thanks CPT_GhostLight, It was a fun hunt. The beach my friend and I stumbled upon didn't look promising to the eye but as soon as we turned on our detectors we started getting good targets. This chain was one of seven that we found on the day - very unusual.