I will be visiting possibly my all time favourite site this coming sunday with my Nexus MP,its a Roman Trading Villa site that was occupied for 400 years and has produced 1000s upon 1000s of roman coins and other artefacts over years....why i will be using the Nexus is that fact that the sandy soil conditions are about as difficult to detect as it gets....thesoil is that bad the only machines that will work this soil are Pulse,Multi Freq and the Nexus,this will be the 1st time i have used the Nexus on this very difficult so will update you on how it goes...will also be taking the other machines that have worked before.

Just had a phone call that the Barley has been cut this last weekend,so detectors are all on charge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is the sand itself mineralized or just iron contaminated?

On 8/9/2023 at 4:35 PM, schoolofhardNox said:

Thanks for the information. I'd be interested in seeing if you can dig a very faint target in dry sand. That is what I usually hunt with the GPX, so and information on very faint (deep) targets and information on how  well it does with EMI would be appreciated. Good luck when you get out there. At least the digging will be easier. You might want to bring a short handled spade just in case 😄

This video demonstrates the EMI capabilities. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, RickUK said:

I will be visiting possibly my all time favourite site this coming sunday with my Nexus MP,its a Roman Trading Villa site that was occupied for 400 years and has produced 1000s upon 1000s of roman coins and other artefacts over years....why i will be using the Nexus is that fact that the sandy soil conditions are about as difficult to detect as it gets....thesoil is that bad the only machines that will work this soil are Pulse,Multi Freq and the Nexus,this will be the 1st time i have used the Nexus on this very difficult so will update you on how it goes...will also be taking the other machines that have worked before.

Just had a phone call that the Barley has been cut this last weekend,so detectors are all on charge.

Oooohhhh! I need to pay you a visit.